JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Could it be the NICS system needs a little fine tuning ?

She showed ID and filled out a 4473.... which means she went through the system. With a high level alert out for her, why did NICS give her a pass ? I would think that the local FBI field offices involved would put an automatic hold on her name at least. Or maybe the "I" in NICS doesn't stand for instant.

Hmmm...:s0153:

Littleton gun shop owner says he legally sold shotgun to woman behind school threats

Interesting question, I recall asking the ATF if I was allowed to sell long guns to out of state residents, when I had my FFL--I could never get a straight answer out of any of those sob's:eek:
It's tough to know when folks just make bubblegum up as they go.

She showed ID and filled out a 4473.... which means she went through the system. With a high level alert out for her, why did NICS give her a pass ? I would think that the local FBI field offices involved would put an automatic hold on her name at least. Or maybe the "I" in NICS doesn't stand for instant.

Littleton gun shop owner says he legally sold shotgun to woman behind school threats
Me thinks we have another case of one slipping through the federal cracks, crept it didn't turn out as they planned. She offed herself before she could create any carnage. This'll get swept under the rug and forgotten about tomorrow...

Hey look the Mueller report is available....

I'm guessing this whole incident went exactly as intended. We could all benefit from a little more legislation to fix this "epidemic".

How did someone from out of state by a shotgun She would have had Florida ID HOW DID SHE PASS THE BACKGROUND CHECK IF THEY WERE ALREADY LOOKING FOR HER??? Buyers must be at least 21 years old to purchase any firearm in Florida. SO since she would have had to meet the law in both Florida and Colorado to make a purchase from a dealer. The Dealer made an illegal sale.

How did someone from out of state by a shotgun She would have had Florida ID HOW DID SHE PASS THE BACKGROUND CHECK IF THEY WERE ALREADY LOOKING FOR HER??? Buyers must be at least 21 years old to purchase any firearm in Florida. SO since she would have had to meet the law in both Florida and Colorado to make a purchase from a dealer. The Dealer made an illegal sale.
See, they are not saying!
I know this Gun Shop, they are top shelf people who would never knowingly break the laws!

Like I posted above, she likely Had a Colorado D.L. and Friends Address! Still, how did she pass the BCG? How did it not show her address as wrong, or her residence?
I have been delayed for an address change before, I was still waiting for my new address sticker to arrive in the mail to afix to my C.D.L!
And still. if the FBI were BOLO for her, how did this fly?

Has the Florida mandate to raise the age limit for purchasing firearms gone into effect yet? If not, 18 year olds can still buy long guns.

I don't see any mention of her being from out of state. Even if she was, I can drive to Oregon (or any other state) and buy a long, and upon paperwork completion and approval, I can walk out of the store and drive it back across the river to WA where I live. Perfectly legal.

I do see blame needs to be put upon the NICS and Colorado Bureau of Investigation systems. I wonder if that is why the surveillance video was taken by the FBI. It does not say that a copy was taken, but specifically states "the video was taken by the FBI". (Gotta protect your own?)

See, they are not saying!
I know this Gun Shop, they are top shelf people who would never knowingly break the laws!

Like I posted above, she likely Had a Colorado D.L. and Friends Address! Still, how did she pass the BCG? How did it not show her address as wrong, or her residence?
I have been delayed for an address change before, I was still waiting for my new address sticker to arrive in the mail to afix to my C.D.L!
And still. if the FBI were BOLO for her, how did this fly?
I've studied the new math (cause I've got a 10 y/o), and 2+2 does not equal five... Something doesn't add up here, there's a missing piece...

Her purchasing of the shotgun is what intensified the interest that LE had in her. Before that, she just made some vague, creepy posts online. I'm not sure she actually made clear threats, I'd be interested to read them.

Was she actually charged with a crime? Should the .Gov be able to push a red button that eliminates the constitutionally protected rights of someone whenever it wants, or should there be due process?

Theres people like the Parkland shooter that was well known to be crazy, but wasn't adjudicated mentally ill. Why isn't that process being used more? It seems like they are too lazy, and want red flag laws that shortcut the process.

Other articles describe her as a FL teen and it was her threats made while traveling to CO that alerted authorities she purchased the gun shortly after arriving in CO. As to FL's 21 law I read that on wiki and did not note if it had gone into effect.
SHE FLEW FROM FL TO CO

Wiki also says she would have had to have completed a 16 hour class or have a hunters safety cert. And a 3 day waiting period or pass the BGC which ever is LONGER!

There is nothing on wiki about the law not currently being in effect. Checking other sites the 3 day waiting period training and 21 laws were all ineffective as of last year. The sale was legal in CO but not FL and it has to be legal in both.

This was an illegal sale. Most likely due to the sales person in CO not being aware or checking FL law.

So this was another gun law f up. When laws are already in place and for what e or reason not followed.

And this crap always comes back to crap on us.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top