JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any one here use them? Does it jab your craw when you see them lined up on the side of the road? Do you WONDER, how much of you tax dollars might be in one of those little eye sores? Have you ever had one of their riders go flying in front of you, or next to you on the sidewalk scaring the crap out of you?

I've wanted to see one of those things on the end of a 25' +/- chain tied to the back of an old pick-up being pulled down the road. bouncing around, swinging side to side, parts flying. This will do for now though... Divers recover nearly a dozen e-scooters from the Willamette River in Portland

And some GOOD comes from these little eye sores!

"The dive team is using this recovery as a training exercise. They said at the bottom of the river the visibility is so murky and dark that everything has to be found by touch."

Well I suppose they are better than 2 stroke powered scooters. Those are as annoying as leaf blowers. I think that places like Portland love the e-scooters though because they are anti-car and it's one more way to take road space away from motor vehicles. I heard on the radio that they pulled 9 of them out of the river and expect to pull about 20 more this week. I guess it's a good start.

In San diego it was much worse.. hundreds were just left in the middle of the sidewalk, causing folks to either move them or go around. After you move 3-5 in your path to help yourself and others you just gave up as new riders just leave them in the middle all over again. That or there were so many they'd block shop entrances.

That is where I saw the worst impact. Luckily I don't venture through Portland much anymore..

Though I hate vandals.. if the companies providing said scooters had better rules and drop zones, the "leave anywhere" storage wouldn't be an issue.

As for them darting in and out, I hear ya.. but I still think Portland Cyclists take the cake for the most unsafe, inconsiderate and entitled types on the road within the state.

Though I hate vandals.. if the companies providing said scooters had better rules and drop zones, the "leave anywhere" storage wouldn't be an issue.

As for them darting in and out, I hear ya.. but I still think Portland Cyclists take the cake for the most unsafe, inconsiderate and entitled types on the road within the state.

Hate vandals, yes. But if you leave things worth a lot of money, "attractive nuisance?", laying all over the place there will be people that will mess with it. As we all know, there are people that suck. Always have been always will be.

Little tiny tires are just not stable. Kids, under 16, with no sense for driving and the principles for moving vehicles, with a debit/credit card, can hop on these and go nuts. Now they have E-scooters that have a seat and a basket. What could go wrong? As bad/cluless as the car drivers are in this city? Now the head idiot and his minions have seen fit to get people on the streets and sidewalks of this city that, more than likely, don't even have the intelligence of the car drivers!

Aw c'mon man, e scooties are fer snow of flakes.

They ride them to their safe spaces once triggered.

Without them they'd drop into fetal positions of lethal lethargy.

Think I'm too harsh when it comes to snowflakes?

Read Robby Suave's book "Panic Attack" and you'll be brought up to date about these useful idiots.

Aw c'mon man, e scooties are fer snow of flakes.

They ride them to their safe spaces once triggered.

Without them they'd drop into fetal positions of lethal lethargy.

Think I'm too harsh when it comes to snowflakes?

Read Robby Suave's book "Panic Attack" and you'll be brought up to date about these useful idiots.

And then these same snowflakes throw the same scooters in the river.:s0151:

If these snowflakes had any snowballs, they'd try to jump the river with these scooters.
P1000867.JPG

Last Edited:
Tried one, wasn't very fast. Funny part is I didn't pay a dime. Just walked up to one being the curious person I am, and it was working so I ride it around the PSU campus area until it either died or it realized I hadn't paid anything.

Hate vandals, yes. But if you leave things worth a lot of money, "attractive nuisance?", laying all over the place there will be people that will mess with it. As we all know, there are people that suck. Always have been always will be.

Little tiny tires are just not stable. Kids, under 16, with no sense for driving and the principles for moving vehicles, with a debit/credit card, can hop on these and go nuts. Now they have E-scooters that have a seat and a basket. What could go wrong? As bad/cluless as the car drivers are in this city? Now the head idiot and his minions have seen fit to get people on the streets and sidewalks of this city that, more than likely, don't even have the intelligence of the car drivers!
Exactly. :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads