JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You guys may know about this, but didn't see the thread.

Follow link: http://thomas.loc.gov/ Enter: H.R.6257 to get the text.

Basically the Clinton Ban all over again.

Keep in mind, Congress tries to pass something like this every session.

But there's a bit more interest given certain, recent political events.

Helps to sell alot of guns at least

Sweetbeard, follow the link and then past that HR number into the box. Take you right there.

Also, Physics Guy, you are correct...it's everything except those arms listed.

Being confusing is just part of the game. Everything right down to accessing the damn link I suppose.

So, if I am understanding this correctly, simply possesing any of the banned firearms will be illegal?

It is my understanding that it will make the manufacture/import of those weapons illegal (as well as 'high capacity' magazines). Anything owned prior to the bill becoming law will still be OK. Hence the increased value of pre-ban weapons during the 1994-2004 period.

The 1994 AWB only applied to a certain subset of semi-autos. The scary looking black ones, mostly. The 2008 version includes many more varieties.

Wow my mini-14 with folding stock is exempt but my Remington 700 CDL isn't? Interesting

Read it again because you missed the words "Ruger Mini-14 Autoloading Rifle (W/O FOLDING STOCK)"

and this part was overlooked apparently-

"The fact that a firearm is not listed in appendix A shall not be construed to mean that paragraph (1) applies to such firearm. No firearm exempted by this subsection may be deleted from appendix A so long as this subsection is in effect."

Not singling you out for ridicule, just trying to point out that as with all of these "laws" The Devil truly is in the details.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top