JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,over the weekend the subject of school shootings came up we a relative that is so far left she's upside down. She told me that myself and those who own the dreaded "AR47 and AK15" yes I know the difference she does not. We have no right owning these weapons of war. And that those who do have no feeling of sorrow,remorse or care that people are being killed with these guns. I don't even try to argue these points with her. She also believes all Republican politicians should be in prison. And that hillary and obama did all they could in Benghazi and that there was no time to get help there.

Should ask her if this is an AR47 or AK15. ak16.jpg

She would have no clue. I told her I work with several guys the shoot competition with the guns and her reply was they have no right owning weapons of war.

Hey all,over the weekend the subject of school shootings came up we a relative that is so far left she's upside down. She told me that myself and those who own the dreaded "AR47 and AK15" yes I know the difference she does not. We have no right owning these weapons of war. And that those who do have no feeling of sorrow,remorse or care that people are being killed with these guns. I don't even try to argue these points with her. She also believes all Republican politicians should be in prison. And that hillary and obama did all they could in Benghazi and that there was no time to get help there.

Someone like that is going totally on emotion. People like that do not want to hear facts. If you try to give them facts they get angry. They are not open to any fact that contradicts the emotion they have wrapped themselves in. <shrug>

So , should I give up my two Muskets
( Springfield Model 1795 , dated 1808 and a Springfield Model 1842 , dated 1851)
Because unlike a AR15 or a AK47 copy , my two Muskets are actual military firearms , that more than likely have really been used in a war or two...?

Folks make no sense...its not what type of firearm the gun is...its the person behind the trigger that really matters....
Andy

She calls them weapons of war. But she doesn't know that the hunting rifles her dad and brother used. Were also weapons of war the Remington Model 700 but it's o to own them.

But not the whole rifle , Lock ,Stock and Barrel...so a using surplus parts to make a rifle is a different thing , than a actual whole firearm that saw actual military use , which is what I was referring to .

And that said ...it really makes no difference to me...a rifle is a rifle...a certain type is no more deadly , nor dangerous than any other....
Andy

To be fair, plenty of AKs are built from surplus parts, so the parts were in war probably. :rolleyes:

Weapons of war is a fallacy, all firearms are weapons of war, all firearms are designed to do one thing, and one thing only, launch a bullet to a target with the intent to destroy that target! There is no differential between sporting arms, hunting arms, target arms or what our military carries, they all do the same exact thing, and all are fully and completely capable of killing regardless of the stated intent or purposes! There fore, the arguement has no merit or basis in fact! It always cracks me up when I hear the rant about nobody needs a weapon of war, they are all weapons of war!

Folks make no sense...its not what type of firearm the gun is...its the person behind the trigger that really matters....

Exactly. It is bizarre that there is a large segment of society who wants to blame in inanimate object rather than the actions of human beings.

And on the original post; it is exceedingly rare that I discuss or debate politics anymore, either in person or online, but most certainly not with anyone who is too far gone into irrational emotionalism. It sounds like @NU9MM's relation may be such an individual. I am reminded of a quote from Thomas Paine: "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

But not the whole rifle , Lock ,Stock and Barrel...so a using surplus parts to make a rifle is a different thing , than than a actual whole firearm that saw actual military use , which is what I was referring to .

And that said ...it really makes no difference to me...a rifle is a rifle...a certain type is no more deadly , nor dangerous than any other....
Andy
Eh, before the whole barrel and 922r nonsense (I think its well established how much I hate those laws at this point) came to be, parts kit were built from ENTIRE kits, minus receiver. So... Everything but the receivers were used in wars. o_O

Then there's those who collect mil-surplus rifles, that most definitely earned any rust or pitting they have.

Weapons of war is a fallacy, all firearms are weapons of war
Kalashnikov disagrees, their AKs are weapons of peace, not war. :rolleyes: Couldn't resist.

That is the second time in my life , I have made a clown cry...

I assure you my friend Bobo..that I had no intention of making you cry.
Hey...there is a new song there :
When Clowns Cry...to the tune of When Doves Cry....:eek::D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR