Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

So disgusted

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kevatc, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

A former Seal Team 6 guy who was in the room when OBL was killed is releasing a book on the mission soon. Fox News found out who he was and outed him. I've never been a fan of Faux News but they have sunk to an all new level of disgusting and hypocritical. It can be argued if the ST-6 guy should've written the book in the first place. I would submit that there will be many books about the mission (there already is ... Chuck Pfarrar if memory serves) so at least this guy who is now retired and tried to keep his identity secret would be able to tell the story from the "straight from the horses mouth". I can't decide if I am more disgusted that the guys identity was leaked (my guess is from the publisher) or because Faux News felt the need to out him.

Bin Laden raid tell-all author revealed, questions raised whether ex-Navy SEALs have freedom of speech | Fox News

2. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

I agree whole heartedly.

1. We need guys like that out there, I don't want to know who they are, I'm just glad they're on our side.
    a. I'm still on the fence as to if it was necessary to write the book, but the genie is out of the bottle so to speak.

2. I really despise it when the media "outs" someone when they know this will put a bullseye on them and their familiy and their dog. These guys are going to be the new target of Jihad. Not cool.

3. slicediceputinrice

slicediceputinrice SE Portland Active Member

aww boohoo

4. Mohawk13

Mohawk13 Home on The Range Active Member

He's a Friggin SEAL. He can handle the heat. After all, look what He did for a living!! I think we all need to know what went down, after all, Taxpayers foot the bill for all these wonderful wars...Just saying, a little "transparency" goes a long way with the American Public..

Also, If You Live In Fear of these Jihadists, They have already won!!

nwwoodsman and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

How about instead of blaming the entire network, which you clearly hate, you focus your anger on the actaul personality that comitted the act.
    So which host did it?

6. Akathepriest

Akathepriest Astoria, OR Active Member

Going to bet that Matt will be targeted by islam now. Thanks for pointing the gun Faux.

nwwoodsman and (deleted member) like this.
  7. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

You don't have to live in fear of them. You just have to behave like they want you to or else they'll try to kill you

8. Kevatc

Does it matter which personality did it????? The decision would've been a network suit decision. The personality should've had some cajones to say they wouldn't out the guy. Faux is all over the Obama administration for leaks. Why would they do the same thing they accuse the Oama WH of doing? Disgusting no matter how you spin it.

9. Cuthbert Allgood

Cuthbert Allgood Clark County, WA Well-Known Member

what fox news did is no different than what any of the other cable news networks would have done. it's all in the name of ratings! higher ratings equals mo' money, mo' money, mo' money!

10. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

No sympathy.
    The soldier put himself in the spotlight hoping to get a big payday, now he's getting a sunburn.

world27s2520smallest252.jpg

Redcap, nwo, Nightshade and 9 others like this.
  11. Kevatc

I'm not sure if any of the other networks have mentioned the author by name. Anyone able to comment on that?

12. Kevatc

SEAL = sailor not soldier.

Secondly, he was doing the book under a pen name so he wasn't seeking the spot light actively. There is at least one former SEAL who wrote a book really quick after the OBL raid and went on a speaking tour telling his version of what he heard second hand. So it seems there is your guy who was actively seeking the spotlight and the almighty dollar.

I imagine the book "No Easy Day" will be a very accurate account and a best seller for quite a long time.

13. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

I doubt the leak was accidental.
    Now that he is known, he stands to make an even bigger pile of cash, talk shows etc....

Nightshade and (deleted member) like this.
  14. BEN LILLY

BEN LILLY Lincoln City, OR NRA LIFE MEMBER Bronze Supporter

I don't mind Vets telling their war stories. In fact, visit a VA Hospital and talk to WWII, Korea, Nam vets. These guys can tell you how it was.
    However, I think there should be a 20 year waiting period before books and articles are written.

15. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

It's PR. Generate fluff about the book to get it on radar, and guarantee sales.

They knew what they were doing. If he wanted to stay super secret, he could have chosen not to write the book.

16. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

I was reading throug KPTV stories and they have an article about this. Appearently the Pentagon and CIA are looking through the book because he did not go through the proper procedures to make sure any classified info wasn't leaked. Plus his first hand accounts contradict the facts provided by the US for what happened that night.

Oh, and Islam extremists, Al-Qaida, are already calling for his murder and circulating his picture.

SEAL book raises questions about bin Laden's death - KPTV - FOX 12

17. davemata

You can't pay for that kind of PR.

18. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Saw the author today in an interview on ABC, Seems like the only "disgusting" aspect is that the current administration lied about how the shooting went down. Ya I know, nothing new....

19. davemata

If he was concerned about his privacy and safety, he wouldn't be on tv.