JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only issue I take with SHB 1122 (2017-2018) is if it leads to an erosion of rights. It never happens all at once, but rather by small incremental steps. SHB 1122 states that it does not dictate how or where a firearm must stored. What about when next year, that wasn't enough. Now they are just going to add the "how and where "storage requirements.

I agree that people should be responsible and properly secure their firearms. I am thrilled that the "assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazine ban failed. Truly disappointed in those I wrote letters too. Only one responded with a form letter. I get the form letters, they are busy people, but I'm one of the people they work for... so I expect something, especially for something this important.

Prepare to get busy when an AWB & a magazine restriction become initiatives.
Mark my words, we have got to do more to fight this loss of rights!!!

Agreed. To me there are only two options that haven't been tried yet. 1) An extreme zero tolerance policy. Make the punishment so extreme that it will, hopefully, deter people. So if you're caught with so much as a single joint you are executed. But personally I don't think that would work. I think plenty of people will still take the risk. It's also a little extreme for my tastes.

Well that is being tried right now by Duterte in the Philippines. Not exactly a fan of his but from what we are hearing from friends and relatives down there, it is working. Main issue being the outcry by people from outside the country... such as those in the US. (people who have no stake or clue of what it is like to really live there, with the pervasive crime and corruption).

Well that is being tried right now by Duterte in the Philippines. Not exactly a fan of his but from what we are hearing from friends and relatives down there, it is working. Main issue being the outcry by people from outside the country... such as those in the US. (people who have no stake or clue of what it is like to really live there, with the pervasive crime and corruption).

If used in cases of Diacetylmorphine (Heroin) methamphetamines (illicit) and Phencyclidine (PCP) and most other Schedule 1 substances (without a specific license for addiction treatment) It could work here.

According to that article the bill for requiring your firearms to be locked up was amended and the modified version was passed.

The modified version states if a child gets a hold of your gun and hurts themselves or others, you are responsible for it and will have actions taken against you. They dropped the rest of the bill that would have criminalized not having guns secured in case of a burglary and they are stolen and used in another crime.

Thanks for pointing this important difference out, as the NRA post did not include any of this critical information about the changes that were made to the bill that did make it out of the committee.

HB 1122 has indeed been watered down significantly. It now only applies if A) children have access to your home and B) a child then gets hold of a gun. If the child then physically harms or kills anyone with a gun, then the gun owner will be charged with a felony. Otherwise, the charge would just be a misdemeanor.

If you don't have children living in your home, or don't normally allow children access to your home, then the law does not apply to you. The proposed law does not apply to any firearms obtained through a burglary, even if the burglar is a minor.

If this bill does pass, many gun owners will thus not be affected in any way at all. It is mainly going to be families with children that will be affected.

The law does give prosecutors discretion to not prosecute parents in cases where a child obtains a weapon, and then uses it to commit suicide.

Yes I know I'm from komiforna I moved to WA 25 year's ago but I have friends and family still stuck down there and my home town of Lancaster was once a nice desert city north of LA but now it's a s#!+ hole full of drugs gangs and any other P.O.S running from the law or other gang members move there from LA how does it go YOU CANT BRING EVERY THING FROM THERE TO HERE BECAUSE SOON HERE WILL BE JUST LIKE THERE
spent some years in Lancaster, went through there last year to see some friends. Driving down Ave I and then into Palmdale was scary. it has become a very large ghetto.
California is breeding people that have no respect for their cities, law enforcement, government or other inhabitants. but they get 'free" stuff and they will move where ever there is "free" stuff.

spent some years in Lancaster, went through there last year to see some friends. Driving down Ave I and then into Palmdale was scary. it has become a very large ghetto.
California is breeding people that have no respect for their cities, law enforcement, government or other inhabitants. but they get 'free" stuff and they will move where ever there is "free" stuff.
My dad still lives there we have told him to get out he said can't sell his house I said take the loss and move other friends that are stuck there because they work for LOCKEED MARTIN I HAVEN'T BEEN BACK IN OVER 17 YEARS and won't go back if they want to see me they come up here

I find it curious that of my three allegedly-Republican legislators, the one who's been in office forever on the revolving door gives me a timely response, the old family friend says nothing at all, and the third's only response is via Legislative Assistant AFTER the Committee Kill Date.

Hi [REDACTED],

Thank you for reaching out to our office and sharing your perspective on 1134. This bill is no longer moving through the legislative process. It was referred to Judiciary but was not given a hearing.

Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide you with.
Form Letter BS... tells me not all Republicans, particularly young ones, are necessarily with us.

They will never learn till its too late San Francisco Kate killed by felon deported 5 times and we still have liberal clowns protesters WTF they should be screaming how did he get back in 5 times mmmmm we are screwed unless someone Blow's them self up in the middle of a BERNIE RALLY

I was listening to NRA radio last night they had magh from BLACK GUNS MATTER on there talking bout Chicago and he was going off about the mayor and the Literals using the murder of a 2 year old and a 11 year old and 9 year old to push more gun laws WTF Chicago already has the most gun laws in the U.S.
How many more gun laws can they make... Or should I say, Whats left for gun laws?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top