JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Apparently there's a Block 20 F-16 for sale for under 10 million dollars...

And then there's Panavia Tornados and the Aussie F/A-18s that AIR USA bought... MiG -29s are available too but.. honestly, the F-16 and F/A-18s, coupled with A-4 Skyhawks and a whole bunch of warbirds all would do nicely.. don't ya think, @Ura-Ki ? ;)

Apparently there's a Block 20 F-16 for sale for under 10 million dollars...

And then there's Panavia Tornados and the Aussie F/A-18s that AIR USA bought... MiG -29s are available too but.. honestly, the F-16 and F/A-18s, coupled with A-4 Skyhawks and a whole bunch of warbirds all would do nicely.. don't ya think, @Ura-Ki ? ;)
Hey, if's im spending someone else's money, sign me up, though I still want Ol'Double Ugly, the late block XX-45 no smoke F-4G series for my personal ride! :s0155:

Every time the president says they have nukes makes me think of the greatest copypasta of all time. (PG'd it up a little).

"Listen, you fantastically *** ***. I'm going to try to explain this so that you can understand it.​
You cannot control an entire country and its people with tanks, jets, battleships and drones or any of these things that you so stupidly believe trumps citizen ownership of firearms.​
A fighter jet, tank, drone, battleship or whatever cannot stand on street corners and enforce "no assembly" edicts. A fighter jet cannot kick down your door at 3AM and search your house for contraband.​
None of these things can maintain the needed police state to completely subjugate and enslave the people of a nation. Those weapons are for decimating, flattening and glassing large areas and many people at once and fighting other state militaries. The government does not want to kill all of its people and blow up its own infrastructure. These are the very things they need to be tyrannical *** in the first place. If they decided to turn everything outside of Washington D.C. into glowing green glass they would be the absolute rulers of a big, worthless, radioactive pile of ***.​
Police are needed to maintain a police state, boots on the ground. And no matter how many police you have on the ground they will always be vastly outnumbered by civilians which is why in a police state it is vital that your police have automatic weapons while the people have nothing but their limp ***.​
BUT when every random pedestrian could have a Glock in their waistband and every random homeowner an AR-15 all of that goes out the *** window because now the police are out numbered and face the reality of bullets coming back at them.​
If you want living examples of this look at every insurgency that the U.S. military has tried to destroy. They're all still kicking with nothing but AK-47s, pick up trucks and improvised explosives because these big scary military monsters you keep alluding to are all but *** useless for dealing with them."​

So, yeah @bolus ; the US Armed Forces have just over 1 million active duty personnel, last I counted.. might be less nowadays; but... that against a populace of say at conservatively, 150+ million armed Americans? And that's just assuming 40-50% have guns. Rough estimate maybe 30-40 million own AR15s... probably only a million whom are likely to fight back somehow... still a bigger threat than the insurgents of Iraq and Afghanistan and ISIL. A guerilla air force of CAS guys might make life hard for the USAF too, and it could well be political suicide to take out airports because of the massive amount of commercial flights and freight flights, not to mention all that support infrastructure that both the Feds/States and guerillas/insurgents need to keep relatively intact.

We had a 20 year war/struggle of Afghanistan, a country similar in size to Texas. How difficult would it be for the Feds to wage war against guerilla citizens in the rest of America...

So, yeah @bolus ; the US Armed Forces have just over 1 million active duty personnel, last I counted.. might be less nowadays; but... that against a populace of say at conservatively, 150+ million armed Americans? And that's just assuming 40-50% have guns. Rough estimate maybe 30-40 million own AR15s... probably only a million whom are likely to fight back somehow... still a bigger threat than the insurgents of Iraq and Afghanistan and ISIL. A guerilla air force of CAS guys might make life hard for the USAF too, and it could well be political suicide to take out airports because of the massive amount of commercial flights and freight flights, not to mention all that support infrastructure that both the Feds/States and guerillas/insurgents need to keep relatively intact.

We had a 20 year war/struggle of Afghanistan, a country similar in size to Texas. How difficult would it be for the Feds to wage war against guerilla citizens in the rest of America...
Not only that but they would be fighting their friends and family and the tax payers who pay their wages. not some foreign language speaking person who looks different on the other side of the planet.

If the president says "what is your gun going to do, we have nukes"

"Well, what are you going to do if we all stop paying taxes? carry that nuke over to my house yourself?"

that being said, if I had the money I'd buy that F16 just to museum it and keep it in pristine condition like a collector car

All of this is assuming you could get any numbers of U.S. Mil to do the bidding of those in power with the agenda to destroy us, Same with Police!
Then you factor in nearly 50 years of Conflict, you have created a Militia of VERY well trained and experienced forces made up of these Vets, Many of them have a very healthy distrust of their government and it's leadership! Add to that, the other skills like Intel, navigation, planning, supply, logistics, ect,.........
Yea, the elites wouldn't last 10 seconds once the shootin starts!

Well I don't know much 'bout F-15's and such....
But .....
I do remember a whole lot from Ranger School...and 4 combat deployments taught me a few lessons as well.
And while I don't want to use what I know and have experienced ever again...I can do so and sleep well at night.

Now add all the rest of the folks out there who can say something similar...
All who just might own a firearm or two...along with the willingness to use them and stand for what they believe in...
And you got the start of something.
Andy

But .....
I do remember a whole lot from Ranger School...and 4 combat deployments taught me a few lessons as well.
And while I don't want to use what I know and have experienced ever again...I can do so and sleep well at night.

All who just might own a firearm or two...along with the willingness to use them and stand for what they believe in...
Andy
Don't forget all those non-Mil civilians who have also attended defensive carbine classes, among others.

Y'know, I keep hearing people squawk about how the patriots are gonna rise up and take on the people who want to suppress our liberties. But I never see them actually put their money where their mouth is.

The last guy to do so was Rittenhouse, and people weren't exactly marching in the streets in his defense. He was pretty much left flapping in the wind, truth be told.

Just sayin'

Last Edited:
Yeah; fear of retribution and reprisals tend to override sense of duty. They are pushing but the majority of gun owners and the like.. they just want to be left alone, they just want to live peaceably, and they by and large; are law abiding citizens, and so far, the risks to rewards is not in their favor..

I have said this in the past though,

Too many people are comfortable, content, complacent with their lives, their jobs, their hobbies to risk losing it all.

It's easier to keep the head down, work, earn money, buy stuff, provide for families than it is to go march against State or Fed agencies.

On the other hand.. just look at Trump's terms.. Summer of "love"? Those "mostly peaceful protests"? All the attacks on DHS and ICE/Border offices? These people felt they had nothing to lose and all the support of the media behind them.

Compare to Jan. 6th...

Then again, look at the actually peaceful gathering of well armed Americans in Virginia a few years ago, and just consider how impactful that was, even if media vilified and demonized those in attendance.

Going back.. Malheur/Harney was interesting, then the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) thing in Nevada...

Each and every one of those showed to most Americans that right now, it's still not worth risking everything to win back liberty, not while we seem to be winning some at the Jury/Jurist Box via SCOTUS /Federal Court system.... and betting on the Ballot Box for the Midterms....

Speaking only for myself....

Do I have a lot to lose if I were to be in on some sort of neo 1775 April 16th....yes indeed.
However I would have to wonder just what I would lose...if I weren't in on the same.
Andy

But .....

Andy
This is why we see the gun-grabbers show so much fear of the ex-military among us. Disarming and controlling veterans is high on their list.

Speaking only for myself....

Do I have a lot to lose if I were to be in on some sort of neo 1775 April 16th....yes indeed.
However I would have to wonder just what I would lose...if I weren't in on the same.
Andy
We have the the advantage of KNOWING what we risk, vs them assuming! We know the likely butcher's bill, they don't, and when the day comes, those bits of knowledge will carry the day! We have the advantage having studied history, they wish to re write it, we understand that history, they deny it! They wish for a Utopia of their making, with out fathoming what that will cost, nor the ability to pay for it!
We know it will all turn to ash in their mouths, so we sleep soundly under the blanket of freedoms bought and paid for with blood, and if that day ever comes, we have more blood, more fortunes, more bullets to spend!

So one of my ideas.....

Surplus F-104 Starfighter; upgrade engine to a turbofan, a much modernized one...upgrade pretty much everything avionics related...

Add thrust vectoring capability, either the 3-paddle type like on the X-31 demonstrator, or the F-35 type..

Boom you have a super-manuevering aircraft that can be stupid fast depending on engine and such.. make it literally a missile with wings... in terms of agility.

Lockheed_XF-104_(modified).jpg 344322main_EC93-42152-8_full.jpg

Yeah; fear of retribution and reprisals tend to override sense of duty. They are pushing but the majority of gun owners and the like.. they just want to be left alone, they just want to live peaceably, and they by and large; are law abiding citizens, and so far, the risks to rewards is not in their favor..

I have said this in the past though,

Too many people are comfortable, content, complacent with their lives, their jobs, their hobbies to risk losing it all.

It's easier to keep the head down, work, earn money, buy stuff, provide for families than it is to go march against State or Fed agencies.

On the other hand.. just look at Trump's terms.. Summer of "love"? Those "mostly peaceful protests"? All the attacks on DHS and ICE/Border offices? These people felt they had nothing to lose and all the support of the media behind them.

Compare to Jan. 6th...

Then again, look at the actually peaceful gathering of well armed Americans in Virginia a few years ago, and just consider how impactful that was, even if media vilified and demonized those in attendance.

Going back.. Malheur/Harney was interesting, then the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) thing in Nevada...

Each and every one of those showed to most Americans that right now, it's still not worth risking everything to win back liberty, not while we seem to be winning some at the Jury/Jurist Box via SCOTUS /Federal Court system.... and betting on the Ballot Box for the Midterms....
This really nails things! Lots of truths there that are inconvenient right now to most folks!
Right now, were at a turning point by and large, some of us are still doing okay financially, were still able to put food on the table, pay the bills, put fuel in the tank, and maybe put a little in the bank! BUT, there are many who cannot, and many more getting closer and closer every day, this is where things turn, the lefties are pushing it harder weather or not they know it or understand it, none the less, it's where we are heading! When we reach a certain state where large numbers of folks cannot keep up, cannot afford to put food on the table, or pay the bills, this bubble will pop, and once the slide starts, it will grow and grow! Soon, we will find ourselves at a cross roads, and unless there is some dramatic changes that effect folks immediately, this only ends one way!
You correctly point out that folks are too soft, that there isn't enough suffering, I say YET!!!

I have often said here in these very forums that people will not step up and act until things effect them on a personal level! That could be loosing ones home because the two working spouces cannot keep up with the costs, that would be the trigger for a hell of a lot of folks, now, have the state leap in this with Child services taking your kiddies away from you because you cannot provide for them, guess what , folks will step up then! Make no mistakes here, don't deny it cannot happen, were already on track for exactly this to happen, and once that fuse is lit, you ain't puttin it out!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top