JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I also carry a snub-nose. I try to keep my 1911 close at hand, but in summer when I don't want to wear a cover garment, my S&W 642 is easier and lighter. I never consider long range accuracy with it. I cycle the carry ammo in it at least once a month, always into a target no more than 10 yards away...

I have a problem being fast and accurate with the heavy double action revolver triggers I've used. I can be dead on with my Glock and most of my other autos so I stick with what works.

I've been debating the Ruger LCR but I think I want to fire one first.

not a pleasant gun to shoot. I got to fire one against my 442. and my 442 with its boot grips was a big step in the recoil management for me.

Years ago I had a s&w 640 Centenial similar to the 442 only heavier and in stainless steel. It was my CHL gun for several years and the only gun I almost ever actually had to use in a self defense situation. The guy who wanted to kick my "*&%" got frustrated when I wouldn't get out of my car to fight him and I kept telling him to get back in his own car. He finally did. If he had tried to come through the window of my car to get me he would have had a nasty surprise. I never showed him I had it but my hand was on it just in case. Snubbies take practice to shoot well and are not for everyone. They have tiny sights and mine needed a trigger job when I got it from the factory to smooth things out. After that it was really nice. I liked mine a lot. Eventually I replaced it with a Keltec P11 because at 14 ounces it was lighter and had more than twice the ammunition. Still nothing like a good old snubbie. The wonderful thing about there being so many different guns is there is something for everyone. Think how much it would stink if you had to live with what some other guy thought was the best gun ever and couldn't choose for yourself.

I love snubbies. I just can't trust any semi auto like I can trust my sp-101. I just bet my life on it. And I love 1911s. It just comes down to what you would trust your life on. It's a snubby revolver.

I have more holster wear on my 442 than you, but honestly we are on the same page. I carry my 442 ALL the time. I am thankful for the cooler weather, I now have my M&P on my hip AND my 442 in my pocket. I love my revolver and my semi-auto, but the revolver seems more convenient/comfortable for EDC.

I have a Rossi MD 58 .38 snubbie.. It was my first handgun purchase, I just wanted a cheapo handgun, this cheapo has now served me for 15 years, no problems what so ever, shoots nice and straight exactly where I point it and IIRC i paid 189.99 for it new out at 3 bears guns when the exsisted out in clackamas. I love this cheap little revolver, its worth its weight in gold.

I bought a Model 42 S&W airweight in 1968. Started carrying it 3 years later after becoming a LEO. Carried it as a back-up, plain clothes and off duty weapon for 26+ years in the business. Upon retirement, it became my primary CCW pistol. However, a couple years ago crime started getting worse and more violent in the city where I work (running a Police Academy). XD Sub-Compact became weapon of choice due to more fire-power. I still carry the 42 when not in crime-towns and it shoots as good as the day it was new..

What do you carry the SP101 3" in? Inquiring minds searching for a comfy holster for 3" SP101s would like to know.:s0112:

Right now I have a Cheapo IWB that I sometimes use, but most of the time I carry it in a Kirkpatrick Mini Paddle. It's is real easy to take on and off, but it is not as stable as I would like. It tends to shift positions too easily.

I have a Milt Sparks PMK on order that should show up around Christmas along with the Axiom for my CBOB. I'm really looking forward to trying it.

http://www.miltsparks.com/

About the only downside for the SP101 3" is you have to special order a holster. I don't know of anyone who "stocks" an OWB holster for an SP101 3".

About the only downside for the SP101 3" is you have to special order a holster. I don't know of anyone who "stocks" an OWB holster for an SP101 3".

Well you probably mistyped IWB but for OWB, but if you didn't, I really like this Bianchi. But then I'm a little unusual in that I require some sort of real retention on my holster.:s0131:

I've climbed a tree before while carrying to knock some dead limbs down. Don't try swinging your legs up onto a branch above your head with one of those soft Uncle Mike's IWBs.:eek:

cwegga I should have been more clear. I have both IWB and OWB holsters for my SP101. I occasionally carry it in a cheap IWB, but I prefer OWB carry. The Kirkpartick mini paddle is an OWB paddle holster.

Kramer also makes what looks like a decent OWB "scabbard" holster as they call it in both a paddle version and a standard belt loop style version. Frankly, I'm wishing I ordered their paddle holster rather than the Kirkpatric, but someone else may think the Kirkpatrick is just right for them.

If the Milt Sparks works out the way I'd like it, look for a smokin' deal here on the Kirkpatrick mini paddle towards the end of the year. :s0114:

I have a very funky looking metalic blue anodized titanium Taurus 85 with plenty of holster wear that I wouldn't trade for love nor $$$ I bought her I think back in 01 and was very sceptical for reasons other than the fact that it cost me less than $250 NIB! But this funky 5 shot shoots amazing, it's light and easy to forget your carrying. I have carried many different weapons thoughout the years but this lil snub keeps on gettin grabbed out of ease of carry and trust both. A situation earlier this summer that amazed me was when I went shooting AR's with some buds and as we were packing up I couldn't help myself but to try a 20-25 yard shot at a plastic bottle these guys kept missing with their AR's. I pulled the hammer back for a 2 handed SA shot and to my amazement popped it dead nuts! Pretty dammed lucky yes but she shoots str8 that's 4 sure! I luv my lil funky model 85!:s0155:

S&W 642 has been my standard CCW for the past year+ It gets carried in a DeSantis Nemisis holster.

My Kel-Tec P3AT is more comfortable to carry & easier to conceal, but I've never been quite as confident in its function as I am with the 642.

I also have a no-lock 3" S&W 60 that I love to shoot. Probably my favorite handgun. However, I don't think of it as being a snubbie. I always think of snubbies as having a 2" barrel. I think of 3" guns being more in the "kit gun" category. What do you all think?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top