JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea, Come live down here in the Mountains where I reside, You better know how to drive, or your going to end up in bad shape.View attachment 327729

BTDTBTTS.
I spent two and a half years at Fort Carson and let me tell you when we got stuck down range we got pulled out by track vehicles like TRV's, APC's or tanks. I'll tell you down range at Fort Carson Colorado was the coldest I have ever been in my life, EVER!!!!

BTDTBTTS.
I spent two and a half years at Fort Carson and let me tell you when we got stuck down range we got pulled out by track vehicles like TRV's, APC's or tanks. I'll tell you down range at Fort Carson Colorado was the coldest I have ever been in my life, EVER!!!!
HAHA. Fort Carson is COLD! Just about any where out on the Front Range is nasty cold, Nothing but howling winds and blowing snow. I live up about halfway between Woodland park and Divide, and while the Winds are some what less, the snows are way worse! I work up at Breckenridge Ski Resort during the Snowy season, and it isn't near as cold up there as down in the flats. :)

The freezing rain sucked. We got ~ 3 inches of snow and the millennials that work for me were in tears... yes, seriously I had two in tears. Smdh. Home now, driveway cleared, and drinking a Spanish coffee.

My Gawd, how has this happened to this generation? I am amazed at all the stories of them crying or being offended by trivial things. it's sad that, as they say, they are our future!!!!:oops::oops::oops:o_O

We the few, we few who have survived the slushpocalypse, are just now digging out of our heavily insulated underground bunkers to see what is left of civilization in the Pacific Northwest. I expect I will awake screaming at times dreaming of the horrors of my pant leg getting within INCHES of the awful slush.

They laughed at me when I bought case after case of Nacho Doritos, Pepsi, and Snickers. Laughed, I say, laughed! Now, as I gaze upon the glistening wet ruins of neighborhood, tears of grief streaming down my cheeks, I can't even bring myself to shout "I TOLD YOU SO, YOU DUMASSES!!!". If only they had listened to me, instead of condescendingly saying "3M, did you take your happy pills today? Are you sure?" they may well have survived where others perished.

I am greatly heartened to see so many of my Forum Brothers have survived to write about their close brush with wet, icy death this day. Together, we shall go forth and rebuild civilization and repopulate humanity. I have already ventured forth to see see if there are any surviving females in likely places such as bars and t.averns in need of assistance with the repopulation effort, but so far all I have found appear to be some sort of subhuman mutants that hide behind their bar stools and throw their glasses at me me when I offer my assistance.

Despite such hardships I trust we will persevere and eventually, perhaps within our lifetimes, put this tragedy behind us.

Now you know why I prefer to live in a cave.:cool:

HAHA. Fort Carson is COLD! Just about any where out on the Front Range is nasty cold, Nothing but howling winds and blowing snow. I live up about halfway between Woodland park and Divide, and while the Winds are some what less, the snows are way worse! I work up at Breckenridge Ski Resort during the Snowy season, and it isn't near as cold up there as down in the flats. :)

My first and last snow skiing adventure happened at Breckenridge, but that's another story.....
I loved the snow there but the cold was the reason I left after my time was up......

Lost two trees to the ice this morning.

Fortunately they were just small scrub maples, only about 30 to 40 feet tall, about a foot diameter at the trunk, and didn't reach the house although they fell towards it.

The ice is doing a number on the foliage around here.

Fortunately there is no real wind here, the rain is coming down now and everything is melting, but the roads won't be clear until tomorrow.

This is how I drove to work today; I couldn't stand on the ground and scrape my windows, so I stood on the running board of my truck and chipped away a 'window' through the ice with my knife. Nobody on the roads in my Camas neighborhood this morning, except tow trucks - and me :)

upload_2016-12-9_14-29-51.png

I never have figured out why people don't clean there car off! Driving down the road with frozen or snow filled windows is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

How the hell are you supposed to drive safe and avoid others if you can't see your damn self!!!:confused::mad:

Excellent post. I see this all the time. I was off work today and that's the first thing I did, besides shoveling the sidewalks off around my house.

BTDTBTTS.

Sounds frozen, Jim!

I was lucky enough to be in the worst blizzard in Korea in 50 years (sarcasm)! It was so bad that we couldn't move tanks on the, paved, tank trail! A train was stopped by the deep snow, hundreds perished! Everyone on board died! Myself and one other guy were trapped out in the DMZ, in the open! Fortunately we were wearing the best arctic gear the Army had. What saved our lives was that we were carrying our sleeping bags! We just hunkered down in our bags and let the snow cover us. That took about five minutes! We were out there for a little over 24 hours. We were never really uncomfortable, the two foot covering of snow insulated us very well. We never got wet because it was waaaay to cold to melt the snow with our feeble body heat, which the bags held in really well. We were carrying food and water (which we had in the bags) so enough to keep our body temps up. The worst of it was, as athletic young soldiers, not being able to move around. Fortunately, in extreme cold one loses the desire to pee! :D
Finally, in the morning, an APC arrived to recover us! This was a clear violation of the Panmunjom Peace Treaty, which prohibited tracked vehicles in the DMZ itself!

Last Edited:
Excellent post. I see this all the time. I was off work today and that's the first thing I did, besides shoveling the sidewalks off around my house.
I could not physically stand on the ice this morning; both of my kids wiped out and slid under the truck.

I actually looked for a dry spot to stop and clean up the window, but what I *thought* was dry, turned out to be black ice and I was dancing around trying to get back in the cab. Kids loved it. And I had complete visibility through the side windows.

Still well covered with ice! I've got 12' bamboo glued to the ground!
Only time we are going out is to pull the crampons on to take hot water to the birdbath. Darned tank deicer failed! Only about 15 years old! Street is still icy too!

Last Edited:
I never have figured out why people don't clean there car off! Driving down the road with frozen or snow filled windows is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

:confused::mad:

Well...
1. They can't afford a brush/scraper because they just payed their rent :eek::mad:
2. It didn't come up on their facebook feed :p
3. They are late for work anyway, see #2 :D

Still well covered with ice! I've got 12' bamboo glued to the ground!
Only time we are going out is to pull the crampons on to take hot water our to the birdbath. Darned tank deicer failed! Only about 15 years old! Street is still icy too!

Another bird guy huh? Me too! The humming birds will smack the window at first light if I don't have their juice out early enough.

This is how I drove to work today; I couldn't stand on the ground and scrape my windows, so I stood on the running board of my truck and chipped away a 'window' through the ice with my knife. Nobody on the roads in my Camas neighborhood this morning, except tow trucks - and me :)

View attachment 327893
$7-8 for a cheap tarp
Fold it and close both ends in the doors
Problem solved

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show