JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im trying to derermine value of a rifle my buddy got in trade. I wish he called me over before he got it , not that i know a ton but way more than he does.

Its a model16 savage in 300wsm. Stainless, accutrigger, choate varmint, harris bipod. Nikon buckmaster 6-18 with flip up caps, target turrets and bdc reticle wich is an odd combo i thought. The barrel is not a "bull" it looks just to be a factory stainless, looks like factory jewed bolt. Owner claimed 1000 meter rifle. How does this cal rate? Its odd the stock is cut to free float? After input ill tell you trade value he got it for.

IMAG0354.jpg

IMAG0356.jpg

IMAG0355.jpg

the stock was a 200 dollar addition until he cut the forend off. bipod worth 50 bux maybe. scope maybe 260 new

the action with accutrigger and barrel 300-400(without Oem stock)

however that as a package I would pay 450 for the whole thing,

this is just what I see costs as others may value it way more (please dont take offense)

I wasnt to hopeful, but i knew the 1100 trade value was insaine. I was hoping for an 800 dollar bill. Thankyou for your time.

Oh its hard to offend me but thankyou!

chowser nailed it add up the parts deduct 20% for used and another 10% for silly and your in the 450-500 market value and maybe hard to sell since its not a long range caliber and the stock looks stupid.

IMHO

The 300 WSM doesn't sound too bad in the Wiki, but no first hand experience.
.300 Winchester Short Magnum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perhaps just find an inexpensive normal stock and take it out to find out how it works. I will agree with you, if it is a '1000m gun' the BDC reticle is kind of odd. Of course, it seems the 300 WSM has the go for shots at 1000m. Just kind of an odd reticle for it.

But as you pointed out, 1100 trade was a bit out of range. Sounds like the person selling it thought it was still worth the new prices for everything. Even after chopping that stock down like that.

My buddy dosent know anything about firearms, i wish i was there when duder was pumping him full of chits. Ill break yhe bad news to my buddy lol. Dam he traded a truck ......

I'd dump that hideous stock. I put a choate on my deer rifle for the durability of synthetic and the accuracy went in the toilet (about 2moa). I put a HS precison on and the accuracy came back and surpassed factory (with factory wood it was .75 moa).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top