JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At a boy Shawn. :s0155:

Guess I better get out and do some shooting so I can make the next one. I think the next time we go over east we'll have to set up some similar scenarios and give the critters a break.

The only other practical use for an "anti material" rifle round, besides removing engine blocks from random cars on I-5 :)

Why do you think those other rounds aren't really represented? Is it a cost thing, or just general interest in them?

They are great rounds, but tend to have significantly higher recoil and less admirable external balistics than something in the 6.5mm range.

They also tend to be more exspensive to shoot. Though, cost of shooting is a rather small part of cost of participating.

Other than sheer knockdown power they really do not have as great a following in matches that are pretty much "Practical rifle".

The .223 and .204 don't generally have adequate knock down to win.

I see some of the guys say they should have brought a bolt? Did you guess feel left out or didn't feel like a "sniper"?

I don't see how a bolt would greatly improve your shooting out to 225yards.

blah blah blah...reaching out wasn't a problem with my M1a.. the stages were built around bolt gun users...for better or worse. The distance stages weren't timed if I recall correctly so an auto loader wasn't an advantage there. The exertion stage involved running to a table on which you had already placed five rounds. You grab one round, run back to your gun, load, aim shoot and then run back to the table for the next round...until you fire your last shot. Hand loading one round into an M1A takes longer than in a bolt. Next time I'll run with my magazine!

that was a really fun competition and event. I don't think any particular rifle had an advantage one way or the other, bolt or semi-auto. Really, you probably could have shot all but one stage with a .22, from what I recall...
looking forward to the next one.
I have basically been on a shooting hiatus since that match, due to a lack of local reloading components, but finally, I have all the ingredients to mix up a delicious batch of match-worthy .308....

Remington PSS is a great base for these matches and F class etc. Does not take much to get the 700 to group close to 1/2minute w handloads. 308 components are everywhere and a great selection for whatever your discipline. You are good to 800 and many would say further. Low recoil and the sky is the limit with accessories/improvements...fun stuff

I just read through this and it sounds like a lot of fun!
So I'm assuming my .22-250 (being a .224 bullet) would be ok to use?

If it's out to just 225 yards i could just point and shoot and not worry about calculating distance - MPBR is 275 yards for my Savage 12.

This is all I know as of now, from an email I sent to the match director.

"As for a sniper match, I am putting one on in Bend at the Cossa range on Saturday May 8th"

wg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads