JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you need some help dealing with your "Parenting Withdrawals", I have a couple of teenagers I will sell to you for a nominal fee.

My daughter turns 18 in 4 months. Time flies. I miss the days when she was little and loved spending time with "daddy". They sure grow up fast......

When my daughter was born almost 25 years ago, some one gave me a piece of advise that I took to heart.
They advised us to take a 10 second video of her every three months with her placed in the same spot.
We hung a growth chart on her bedroom wall and we religiously recorded her on the same tape for over 18 years.
When a child is born, parents are always awaiting for those milestone moments like walking for the first time, going off to kindergarten and graduating high school, all the while time seems to just slip by in an eye blink.
Every year, my daughter replays the tape just to revisit her growing up in less then 12 minutes.

Mine is just over 2 years old.
I think about it everyday. She is my whole life and I already lay in bed every night worrying about her, the evil in this world and just hope I can stay healthy and strong enough to be there for her for many years to come.
My biggest fear that haunts me something happening to me or my wife and not being there for her.

Having kids is the most precious, heart warming, and scary things a human can ever do.

We have 4 probably headed for 5. I will reserve my emotions till that day comes.
Might be sweet!

If you need some help dealing with your "Parenting Withdrawals", I have a couple of teenagers I will sell to you for a nominal fee.

My daughter turns 18 in 4 months. Time flies. I miss the days when she was little and loved spending time with "daddy". They sure grow up fast......

When my daughter was born almost 25 years ago, some one gave me a piece of advise that I took to heart.
They advised us to take a 10 second video of her every three months with her placed in the same spot.
We hung a growth chart on her bedroom wall and we religiously recorded her on the same tape for over 18 years.
When a child is born, parents are always awaiting for those milestone moments like walking for the first time, going off to kindergarten and graduating high school, all the while time seems to just slip by in an eye blink.
Every year, my daughter replays the tape just to revisit her growing up in less then 12 minutes.

Mine is just over 2 years old.
I think about it everyday. She is my whole life and I already lay in bed every night worrying about her, the evil in this world and just hope I can stay healthy and strong enough to be there for her for many years to come.
My biggest fear that haunts me something happening to me or my wife and not being there for her.

Having kids is the most precious, heart warming, and scary things a human can ever do.

Raising a kid is the hardest thing you will ever do, but it's also the most rewarding thing you will ever do!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I like this place! What a bunch of tender hearts! Warms my spirit, it does...:):)

*sigh* 3 days to go....had my first real sobfest yesterday when I finished a sort of 'goodby' letter to her, then 'proofread it'...o_O:rolleyes::oops::(;) My 16 y/o boy was the only one home with me, and he gets up and awkwardly hangs around me, not quite sure what to do with this noisy creature...Mama never cries...:confused::confused:;)

:(:(:(

Well, she's gone, now...the hardest part of the day ended up listening to my second born daughter giving her blessing to the newlyweds...I think she may be taking it even harder than me....:(

IMG_20150321_130529595.jpg

Me and my girls....our last "us"-ie as the same family...:(:)

IMG_20150321_160511039.jpg

When the Preacher asked "Who gives this Woman away?", I could not
simply reply with "Her Mother and I do" and leave it at that. I wanted
to say more! So, I wrote this Poem, and with her permission, stood
between them and recited it. I'm glad I did.

"Who Gives This Woman?"

That's our little girl
standing there.
We raised her,
cared for her,
her joy and pain we share.

She wants with all her heart,
this man of her dreams,
to be her lifelong lover,
her friend,
her helper in all things.

Young man there is one thing,
we would ask of you,
through the good and hard times,
please always be true.

True to your God.
True to your heart.
True to the love
the two of you did start.

A better young man?
We could not ask for one.
He's gentle, he's caring,
we're proud to call him Son.

We know it is written in your heart,
and it's very plain to see,
the values in your life
read Honesty, Integrity and Sincerity.

Now we let go
of our Daughter's hand,
not relinquishing our love,
but entrusting it to this fine man.

That's your Woman
standing there.
Grow with her,
care for her,
her joy and pain you'll share.

Don't think there was a dry eye in the house. Not even mine!

Remember, you are not relinquishing your love, but entrusting it to this fine man.

Bill

Congratulations!!!! It is hard but just remember it is her first step also into a new life of her own.

I only have boys and well can hardly wait for them to get out:D Lost one but he somehow made it back home again..... dang college kids:rolleyes:

When the Preacher asked "Who gives this Woman away?", I could not
simply reply with "Her Mother and I do" and leave it at that. I wanted
to say more! So, I wrote this Poem, and with her permission, stood
between them and recited it. I'm glad I did.

"Who Gives This Woman?"

That's our little girl
standing there.
We raised her,
cared for her,
her joy and pain we share.

She wants with all her heart,
this man of her dreams,
to be her lifelong lover,
her friend,
her helper in all things.

Young man there is one thing,
we would ask of you,
through the good and hard times,
please always be true.

True to your God.
True to your heart.
True to the love
the two of you did start.

A better young man?
We could not ask for one.
He's gentle, he's caring,
we're proud to call him Son.

We know it is written in your heart,
and it's very plain to see,
the values in your life
read Honesty, Integrity and Sincerity.

Now we let go
of our Daughter's hand,
not relinquishing our love,
but entrusting it to this fine man.

That's your Woman
standing there.
Grow with her,
care for her,
her joy and pain you'll share.

Don't think there was a dry eye in the house. Not even mine!

Remember, you are not relinquishing your love, but entrusting it to this fine man.

Bill

Awww...that was a treasure! Very sweet. :s0116:

My second daughter (the maid of honor) gave a blessing to her older sister and her new man that she had been working on for three months! She was very nervous about keeping her composure through the whole thing, but she did. (Barely) Then she sat down to give her sis a hug afterward and totally lost it on her shoulder, sobbing her heart out. Just broke my heart. The audience, and her mama, had incredibly sweaty eyeballs after that!! ACK!!!

They had shared a room since they were about 3 and 5 y/o, and have been very close.

Awww yes, the memories of that special day will never go away. They're locked in your heart and that's where they'll stay. (Stop rhyming, Bill, STOP IT! :mad:)

Congratulations and enjoy!

*sigh* Thanks alot, NoFlinch!!!!:s0002:

My 'husband' just HAD to be standing behind me when I read your comment....NOW HE SHAVED OFF HIS BEARD!!! Says he doesn't want to look old...I LIKED that beard!!!.:s0058:

Put'em up, I tell ya...PUT'EM UP!!! :s0029::rolleyes::p

Tell him I was joking. I figured it was your husband......just joking with you.....and I appreciate you having a good sense of humor about it.:s0112::s0060:

Without his beard, he probably looks 10 years younger......closer to his real age of about 67, right?:s0092:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top