JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Golly, taking that firstborn into my arms was way easier than letting her go... :(:(:(

She flies from our nest on Saturday...my heart is happy and hurting....:D:(
_C286039-Edit.jpg

My daughter (our one and only child) is still some years from that point, but I know when it comes, I'll be hard pressed to let that little girl go. I have a hard time believing there is any guy out there that will meet my standards for her, but then, that's supposed to be me job, right? If you did your job right (and I'm assuming you did), then this should be a time to celebrate, with tears in eyes. Is it okay for a parent to wear dark, dark sunglasses on the day they leave? ;)

Don't worry.:):D
She may be back.;)

I just returned from CA...........saw some friends I hadn't seen in 10+ years.:D

Their oldest daughter, 4 kids, and wacko husband are now living in Mom & Dad's house.:rolleyes:

Mom & Dad built a 2 story garage on the property, and living on the top floor...........:rolleyes:o_O:confused:

Don't worry, be happy:cool::D:):D

My daughter (our one and only child) is still some years from that point, but I know when it comes, I'll be hard pressed to let that little girl go. I have a hard time believing there is any guy out there that will meet my standards for her, but then, that's supposed to be me job, right? If you did your job right (and I'm assuming you did), then this should be a time to celebrate, with tears in eyes. Is it okay for a parent to wear dark, dark sunglasses on the day they leave? ;)

It's tougher than I thought--I can be pretty stoic about life's changes, but those emotions I try so hard to keep at bay just sneak up on me sometimes...o_O I think it is different than most in the fact that we homeschooled our kiddo's, so they have never been out of the home for long periods of time. (In her case, she did go to Finland when she was 15 for 2 weeks with her grandma and aunt) SO, this will be quite an adjustment to not have her as a part of our daily lives....although I am very happy for her, and she is marrying a fine, hard working young man who adores her...

Don't worry.:):D
She may be back.;)

I just returned from CA...........saw some friends I hadn't seen in 10+ years.:D

Their oldest daughter, 4 kids, and wacko husband are now living in Mom & Dad's house.:rolleyes:

Mom & Dad built a 2 story garage on the property, and living on the top floor...........:rolleyes:o_O:confused:

Don't worry, be happy:cool::D:):D

HA! Erm....she WON"T be back...'till death do them part...we're old fashioned like that. :rolleyes:

Mine is almost 18... I'm dreading the day I hand her off to a hubby - he will fear nothing more then me, but hopefully we will become friends.

It's amazing how fast 22 years have gone by....o_O:eek: I keep reminding myself that this is SUPPOSED to happen...but I can feel a teeny bit sad at the same time...

Buck Up!!!:eek: No Tears allowed here.:rolleyes::p

GULP! Okay!!! I keep forgetting my surroundings...LOL! :s0030::D:D

:D Won't be long until they move back in with you Monica, then it will be one big happy family again.

While I'm sure that's true for some (the sarcasm part lol), "There ain't nowhere Id rather be then with my kin folk", closer suites my family dynamics.

Although I've disowned a few blood relatives, I've picked up a few that started as friends along the way.

Imo we could learn a thing or two from of the poorer country's that can't afford to buy a house for every single couple and still afford to pay for a retirement home for the elderly, but instead live together and help each other out.

Same difference between a 2 man group vs a 6 person squad that performs little roles to the benifit of the whole team.

My two cent soap box is empty:s0137: lol

@Monica Cowles - I think it is different for us that have had the blessing of raising our little ones at home. Stay busy and it will help keep your mind off of it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top