Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sniff.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Monica Cowles, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Monica Cowles

Monica Cowles Grays Harbor, Washington Member, NRA (Life) USCCA, ACLDN, SAF (Life) Staff Member Silver Supporter

Golly, taking that firstborn into my arms was way easier than letting her go... :(:(:(

She flies from our nest on Saturday...my heart is happy and hurting....:D:(
    _C286039-Edit.jpg

2. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats:)

Monica Cowles likes this.
  3. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

My daughter (our one and only child) is still some years from that point, but I know when it comes, I'll be hard pressed to let that little girl go. I have a hard time believing there is any guy out there that will meet my standards for her, but then, that's supposed to be me job, right? If you did your job right (and I'm assuming you did), then this should be a time to celebrate, with tears in eyes. Is it okay for a parent to wear dark, dark sunglasses on the day they leave? ;)

Monica Cowles and Joe13 like this.
  4. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

So what you're saying is you will soon have a dedicated firearms woman cave in your home.........

spookshack, Brutus57, TJdamon and 6 others like this.
  5. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Mine flew two years ago but is in Bend. SHe only calls when she needs vehicle work or .22 ammo!

6. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Excellent! Now you have plenty of time for your Presidential Campaign! :D

7. NoFlinch

NoFlinch In a van down by the river Owner of Cocaine addicted dog.

Don't worry.:):D
    She may be back.;)

I just returned from CA...........saw some friends I hadn't seen in 10+ years.:D

Their oldest daughter, 4 kids, and wacko husband are now living in Mom & Dad's house.:rolleyes:

Mom & Dad built a 2 story garage on the property, and living on the top floor...........:rolleyes:o_O:confused:

Don't worry, be happy:cool::D:):D

8. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Mine is almost 18... I'm dreading the day I hand her off to a hubby - he will fear nothing more then me, but hopefully we will become friends.

9. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Actually thinking of starting with Sheriff of Deschutes County!

10. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Buck Up!!!:eek: No Tears allowed here.:rolleyes::p

Caveman Jim and Monica Cowles like this.
  11. Monica Cowles

Monica Cowles Grays Harbor, Washington Member, NRA (Life) USCCA, ACLDN, SAF (Life) Staff Member Silver Supporter

It's tougher than I thought--I can be pretty stoic about life's changes, but those emotions I try so hard to keep at bay just sneak up on me sometimes...o_O I think it is different than most in the fact that we homeschooled our kiddo's, so they have never been out of the home for long periods of time. (In her case, she did go to Finland when she was 15 for 2 weeks with her grandma and aunt) SO, this will be quite an adjustment to not have her as a part of our daily lives....although I am very happy for her, and she is marrying a fine, hard working young man who adores her...

HA! Erm....she WON"T be back...'till death do them part...we're old fashioned like that. :rolleyes:

It's amazing how fast 22 years have gone by....o_O:eek: I keep reminding myself that this is SUPPOSED to happen...but I can feel a teeny bit sad at the same time...

GULP! Okay!!! I keep forgetting my surroundings...LOL! :s0030::D:D

Brutus57, etrain16 and Joe13 like this.
  12. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Congratulations, best wishes for them!

Caveman Jim and Monica Cowles like this.
  13. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Just wait until you get to be a Grandparent...woo hoo!
    I love being a Grandpa. :D

CoastRange57, captqc and orygun like this.
  14. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

:D Won't be long until they move back in with you Monica, then it will be one big happy family again.

15. 308

Just Jim likes this.
  16. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

While I'm sure that's true for some (the sarcasm part lol), "There ain't nowhere Id rather be then with my kin folk", closer suites my family dynamics.

Although I've disowned a few blood relatives, I've picked up a few that started as friends along the way.

Imo we could learn a thing or two from of the poorer country's that can't afford to buy a house for every single couple and still afford to pay for a retirement home for the elderly, but instead live together and help each other out.

Same difference between a 2 man group vs a 6 person squad that performs little roles to the benifit of the whole team.

My two cent soap box is empty:s0137: lol

@Monica Cowles - I think it is different for us that have had the blessing of raising our little ones at home. Stay busy and it will help keep your mind off of it.

17. Capn Jack

Hah! Monica... Wait until you've one of these running around your house....All guns into the safe and nothing breakable less that 4' off of the floor.:eek::) 1st Grandson.:D

Miles On The Move.jpg

mjbskwim, spectra, iusmc2002 and 6 others like this.
  18. 308

Cool...twins! :D

19. Capn Jack

"Cool...twins! :D"

Nope! Just one...;) Dad is a photographer. :)

Monica Cowles and 308 like this.
  20. Monica Cowles

HA!
    As a photographer in my previous life, I can appreciate those mad Photoshop skills! And the busy blessing of a little one!!

Awesome! :D:D