JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Savage has been doing it's Walking Predator rifle for several years now, and I have one in .5.56 that shoots VERY well, I see the new ones Reno posted are offered in the smaller calibers, so if the funky stocks are not your thing, the older Savage wight be just the ticket for ya!

LOVE the Ruger 77/44, especially in wood and factory threaded, would be my new must have!
Waiting for@LuckySG to post up a price and availability! ;)

@LuckySG you have eyes on $ for model 07419?
I had one of these in last year. Fantastic lightweight rifle with crummy magazines. I bought three extra and they all had issues feeding the third round. Maybe to be expected, but not at the price they want. My price is $811

Sad to hear this with the 77/44's My Dad got one of the blued and wood stocked ones, and it feeds perfectly, so I wonder if Ruger got a bad batch of mags? Honestly, I haven't shot it very much, but it was nice and smooth, fed every round, and was accurate as expected from them!

Sad to hear this with the 77/44's My Dad got one of the blued and wood stocked ones, and it feeds perfectly, so I wonder if Ruger got a bad batch of mags? Honestly, I haven't shot it very much, but it was nice and smooth, fed every round, and was accurate as expected from them!
Don't get me wrong, it made a group of 5 holes all touching at 100 yards, but I went several rounds with Ruger hoping they would have a great suggestion or offer to replace something and they were little help. If I saw the mags from another manufacturer I would be tempted to try again or if someone could chime in and say they worked through it after X number of rounds per mag my faith would be restored.

Last Edited:
Emailed Ruger on the stock being available separately for that rimfire long range version.

They didn't say no, or yes. Kind of a bs answer really.

That stock would go nicely with my existing American Rimfire.

Don't get me wrong, it made a group of 5 holes all touching at 100 yards, but I went several rounds with Ruger hoping they would have a great suggestion or offer to replace something and they were little help. If I saw the mags from another manufacturer I would be tempted to try again or if someone could chime in and say they worked through it after X number of rounds per mag my faith would be restored.

I have two 77/357 rifles. Both were acquired used. The first one gave me some feeding trouble occasionally, until I inspected the magazine and realized it was for a 77/44 or Deerfield carbine. Picked up several new Ruger magazines for a 77/357 and no problems since, but I haven't shot it lots since then. The more recently acquired rifle had some work done by the former owner to the extractor and maybe some other areas also from what I recall him sharing. This one works well. Both of them are lots of fun!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top