JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Left Hand versions? Multiple calipers compatible with the action? Again, why are Lefties left out? The World Wonders. :(

Edit: I hate being negative but turn this around. All these new guns are neat and cool ... but you can not shoot them the way nature designed you too. :(

Last Edited:
I didn't know they had layaway. Just out of curiosity, what are their layaway terms? How much down? Min payments? How long?
I think it's 20% down and you have 3 months to pay. Though they will allow longer terms if you harass a manager.

Left Hand versions? Multiple calipers compatible with the action? Again, why are Lefties left out? The World Wonders. :(

Edit: I hate being negative but turn this around. All these new guns are neat and cool ... but you can not shoot them the way nature designed you too. :(
That's why they call it the "right" hand;)

I'm just curious, since I am really not a long gun person, with having common ammo and magazines what would make this Ruger American more appealing than an AR?
More like it is appealing to those that have ARs.

Yes semis can be potentially as accurate, but some just like bolt guns too.

I'm just curious, since I am really not a long gun person, with having common ammo and magazines what would make this Ruger American more appealing than an AR?

Not everybody wants an AR, for a lot of different reasons. Some places, AR's are difficult to own or buy, and many places would like nothing better than to outlaw AR's completely if they could get away with it.

For a SHTF little rifle, a bolt action carbine with very high capacity could be just the ticket. I own a similar bolt action carbine that takes AR magazines, just for this purpose. As a survival rifle, it's tough to beat.

I own/have owned multiple AR's and other semi-auto .223's. I wouldn't be without them. But my preference is a bolt action carbine.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top