JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looks like they snuck this in without an official release.

I swear I'm going to have to start checking their website weekly.

Ruger® Ruger American Rifle® Ranch Bolt-Action Rifle Model 26965

Ruger Americans running AR15 mags!

8F09AC97-A192-4829-9AD9-96EB67275DF3.jpeg

6.5 with AI mags, tempting.

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to let me 700 go for the Ranch with AR mags.

D6EAC54E-E17B-4047-A292-B93E30C162B5.jpeg

I wonder if I will be able to convert my Ranch Rifle to take AR mags now, and how well they fit. I had a few Mossberg MVPs and hated how loose and shaky the mags were. Mossberg said they had to do that to make the mags feed smoothly, But my OCD wouldn't let me accept that, and got rid of them all.

I really like that Ranch Rifle. I don't know the price and I'm curious what kind of glass would you put on it?
If I swapped my 700 for it I'd just put the glass I have in the 700 on it. My Vortex Viper HS LR.

I'm too curious about stock transferability from current models to this. As there are manufacturers out there making chassis's for the American that I'd consider if swapping to the American for my bolt gun.

My 700s have AI mags, was an easy upgrade .
Easy yes.

Already on your rifle at a lower price?

Also the American line of Rugers has been proven to be as accurate out of the box as Remingtons.

Easy yes.

Already on your rifle at a lower price?

Also the American line of Rugers has been proven to be as accurate out of the box as Remingtons.
I admit to keeping precious little in the rifle category that was finished for reasonable prices, but just to get to the magazines was drop in for the Magpul stock.

I really like that Ranch Rifle. I don't know the price and I'm curious what kind of glass would you put on it?
Prices...

RUGER AMERICAN RANCH 5.56 NATO 16.12" THREADED BBL FDE
MSRP: $529.00

www.galleryofguns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com
it looks like my peers are going as low as $422.40. My price would be close at $415. No surprise, there is a line for these so it may take a few days/week to see it ship if someone wants me to pluck one from the factory.

Prices...

RUGER AMERICAN RANCH 5.56 NATO 16.12" THREADED BBL FDE
MSRP: $529.00

www.galleryofguns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com
it looks like my peers are going as low as $422.40. My price would be close at $415. No surprise, there is a line for these so it may take a few days/week to see it ship if someone wants me to pluck one from the factory.
Let me see about my remmy 700 going to market first. Then I'll be hitting you up.

I actually like shooting my Ranch Rifle more than my Gunsite Scout Rifle in 556, but I like the round capacity of my GSR. I might have to rethink my whole inventory now.o_O

The Ranch Rifle was always 556/223 chambered.
Aren't the older Mini 14 rifles 223 only and then 556 more recently? Maybe they weren't called Ranch until later? Just curious, I had a Ranch version of the Mini 30 (different scope mounts) decades ago.

Either way, I applaud Ruger for making various weps that accept AR15 and Glock mags. Whatever portion of the market they don't capture with Ruger magazines, I believe they with pick up in increased weapon sales.

IIIIIIIII like it!

Last Edited:
Sorry, the AMERICAN Ranch Rifle was always 223/ 556. I believe you are right about the mini 14. The later model ranch rifles were stamped 556, but Ruger always said you could shoot 556 in any mini except the Target model.

Walked into Sportsmans today, and they had the AR15 mag fed Ranch in 556.

Naturally I put it on layaway.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads