Sneaky Draw

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by titsonritz, Dec 1, 2018.

1. KKG

KKG
    Western Washington

I used to carry my BUG in an upside down shoulder holster. I could reach up with my left thumb and simply snap the gun into my hand. Most people didn't have a clue it was there; especially the Bad Guys. Even some of the other LEOs I worked with. Vests and BUGs were just becoming popular - I had both.:):):)

2. Capn Jack

Capn Jack
    Wet-Stern Washington
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

WHTF o_Oo_O....Oh :rolleyes:...OK :D..HAHAHAHA :p
    No, it's full sized.:)

Taco_lean, Alexx1401, Slobray and 2 others like this.
  3. bbbass

bbbass
    La Grande

You said you carry two inside... so I was wondering how that works... ;)

4. Capn Jack

Capn Jack
    Wet-Stern Washington

Just a fat fingered typo..:eek:
    Fixed it. :cool:

Slobray and bbbass like this.
  5. No_Regerts

No_Regerts
    Warshington
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

That, or up the :s0001:

Taco_lean, Alexx1401, Slobray and 3 others like this.
  6. MrRob96

MrRob96
    Greater Tacoma Area
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

You mean the bad guys won't wait to shoot until the last one did?

I think USPSA stresses it isn't a training program but a way to test skills... I guess there needs to be more of the 'better part of valor' in those goofy scenarios.

Taco_lean, Alexx1401 and bbbass like this.
  7. bbbass

bbbass
    La Grande

I've heard the same speech many times at matches. Yes, I agree. But what are those skills worth outside of competition? IMO gun handling translates into real life, and has benefited tactical teams, but USPSA tactics don't. Despite warnings, some shooters may think they are getting some good learnin. And how many people have not taken advantage of realistic training, relying on what they can pick up here and there? Even IDPA, which teaches use of cover, how to pie corners, etc, is not a realistic test of SD skills. But my point was that in a moment of stress, memory will take over and so many shooters will do it the way they are used to doing it. So a wise man will train outside of the time he spends in competition-like environments.

Train the way you fight. Because you will fight the way you have been trained.

Training is the most important factor in a person’s survivability. Let me rephrase that. PROPER training is the most important factor in a person’s survivability. Many will tell you that the will to survive is most important. Actually, I consider that 2nd. You may have the will to survive but, if you don’t know what to do in order to survive, eventually your will will be overcome by the reality of your demise. Train the way you fight. Because you will fight the way you have been trained.

Interesting comment: "The only real tactical problem with being a 'gamesman' is habituation, when you for whatever reason stop thinking(which happens to the best if things happen fast enough/unexpected enough and makes you stressed enough) then you will fall back on what you are used to doing and what you have habituated yourself to doing. The only but also largest problem with gamesmanship in a real-life situation is exposure/speed as it will habituate you to indiscriminately exposing yourself to get the shot, be it by inadequate use of cover or by running/moving/fast-fast-fast behavior where as anyone who has been shot at will tell you that you get very slow and very cautious real fast when you have something that can kill you coming in your direction..."

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Taco_lean likes this.
  8. nwslopoke

nwslopoke
    forest grove

The guy in the chair in another video said his son was also in the barber shop. He was 100% motivated.

bbbass and Alexx1401 like this.
  9. Stomper

Stomper
    Shut Your Face!!
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter 2018 Volunteer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.... no need to ask, he’s a smooth operator. ;)

bbbass, DB Wesner, Alexx1401 and 2 others like this.
  10. Capn Jack

Capn Jack
    Wet-Stern Washington

Rules are...The first one shot is dead. :eek:

bbbass and Alexx1401 like this.
  11. Alexx1401

Alexx1401
    Get Off My Lawn!!
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

That makes more sense now. Did not know when watching that he had another family member there he was protecting. Good for him to handle himself so well.

bbbass and Taco_lean like this.
  12. titsonritz

titsonritz
    CV-Solame-OC
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

No true, plenty of people have taken rounds from the ground thinking the fight was over. Unless grey matter is spattered all over the place, considering anyone shot still a threat.

bbbass and Taco_lean like this.