JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to carry my BUG in an upside down shoulder holster. I could reach up with my left thumb and simply snap the gun into my hand. Most people didn't have a clue it was there; especially the Bad Guys. Even some of the other LEOs I worked with. Vests and BUGs were just becoming popular - I had both.:):):)

Many years ago there was a USPSA shooter that went at it with three guys openly. Just like an El Presidente scenario...

You mean the bad guys won't wait to shoot until the last one did?

I think USPSA stresses it isn't a training program but a way to test skills... I guess there needs to be more of the 'better part of valor' in those goofy scenarios.

I think USPSA stresses it isn't a training program but a way to test skills... I guess there needs to be more of the 'better part of valor' in those goofy scenarios.

I've heard the same speech many times at matches. Yes, I agree. But what are those skills worth outside of competition? IMO gun handling translates into real life, and has benefited tactical teams, but USPSA tactics don't. Despite warnings, some shooters may think they are getting some good learnin. And how many people have not taken advantage of realistic training, relying on what they can pick up here and there? Even IDPA, which teaches use of cover, how to pie corners, etc, is not a realistic test of SD skills. But my point was that in a moment of stress, memory will take over and so many shooters will do it the way they are used to doing it. So a wise man will train outside of the time he spends in competition-like environments.

Train the way you fight. Because you will fight the way you have been trained.

Training is the most important factor in a person's survivability. Let me rephrase that. PROPER training is the most important factor in a person's survivability. Many will tell you that the will to survive is most important. Actually, I consider that 2nd. You may have the will to survive but, if you don't know what to do in order to survive, eventually your will will be overcome by the reality of your demise. Train the way you fight. Because you will fight the way you have been trained.

Interesting comment: "The only real tactical problem with being a 'gamesman' is habituation, when you for whatever reason stop thinking(which happens to the best if things happen fast enough/unexpected enough and makes you stressed enough) then you will fall back on what you are used to doing and what you have habituated yourself to doing. The only but also largest problem with gamesmanship in a real-life situation is exposure/speed as it will habituate you to indiscriminately exposing yourself to get the shot, be it by inadequate use of cover or by running/moving/fast-fast-fast behavior where as anyone who has been shot at will tell you that you get very slow and very cautious real fast when you have something that can kill you coming in your direction..."

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top