JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Kurt Russell: 'Absolutely Insane' to Think Gun Control Will Change Terrorists.................:s0155:
Snake-640x480.jpg

by AWR Hawkins9 Dec 20150

In recent interview with Jeffrey Wells, acting legend Kurt Russell responded to questions on the San Bernardino attacks by saying it's "absolutely insane" to "think gun control will change terrorists' point of view."

This was preceded by Russell explaining that he doesn't "understand concepts of conversation about gun culture" because "we've lived with guns since, what, the 7th Century or something?"

But according to Hollywood Elsewhere, Wells continued to paw at Russell, combining the emphasis on terrorism with the suggestion that guns are something "disenfranchised white guys need" so they can "feel good about themselves."

Russell said:

If you think gun control is going to change the terrorists' point of view, I think you're, like, out of your mind. I think anybody [who says that] is. I think it's absolutely insane. The problem, the problem that we're having right now to turn it around…you may think you've got me worried about you're gonna do? Dude, you're about to find out what I'm gonna do, and that's gonna worry you a lot more. And that's what we need. That will change the concept of gun culture, as you call it, to something [like] reality. Which is, if I'm a hockey team and I've got some guy bearing down on me as a goal tender, I'm not concerned about what he's gonna do — I'm gonna make him concerned about what I'm gonna do…

Wells responded with, "I get that," and Russell seized the opportunity to go back to an earlier question about the line separating fantasy and reality and said that reality is doing what has to be done to "stop" the guy coming at you–whether that guy is in the hockey scenario or in a scenario hedged in by terrorism. And once you "stop him," Russell said, "That's when things change."

Wells countered by sticking with the gun control theme, saying, "Obama's point was that the guys on the no-fly list, [they're on it] for good reason because of terrorist connections or suspicions…they can get hold of a gun pretty easily."

Russell said, "They can also make a bomb pretty easily. So what? They can also get knives and stab you. Whaddaya gonna do about that? They can also get cars and run you over. Whaddaya gonna do about that?"

Wells said, "They didn't kill the people in San Bernardino with cars."

Russell retorted, "But they've killed others that way, haven't they? Yeah, yeah. Whaddaya gonna do? Outlaw everything? That isn't the answer."

Wells then said the words, "Just put some controls…" to which Russell responded, "Put some controls? What, so the people, so the people who want to defend themselves can't?"

Wells tried to right the ship, saying, "No, not so you can't, just so the idiots can't get hold of them [so easily], that's all."

Russell said, "You really believe they're not going to? Are you serious about that? What good will that…? Oh my God. You and I just disagree."

Listen to the audio of the interview here.

Well, maybe not the most eloquent defense of the 2nd and for self defense, but I certainly appreciate his position, his sentiment, and his ability to keep getting back in the reporter's face. We need more of this, a lot more. I'm not a big KR fan, but I have a bit more respect for the man now.

Well, maybe not the most eloquent defense of the 2nd and for self defense, but I certainly appreciate his position, his sentiment, and his ability to keep getting back in the reporter's face. We need more of this, a lot more. I'm not a big KR fan, but I have a bit more respect for the man now.
It is very hard to be "eloquent" when speaking to a schmuck. I've tried.. Not easy at all.
When talking to a pusillanimous eunich about stopping a threat, you must put it into a non threatening scenarios that even a dummy will get.
Sports is perfect.

I watched "Escape from LA" last night.

Could only make it halfway through before I couldn't stomach it anymore ("Big Trouble in Little China" was a lot better).

Yes, he wasn't very eloquent, but then this is something that he was probably blindsided with.

I think that was in Escape from New York - which was better.

But Big Trouble in Little China was better yet

You just listen to the old Pork Chop Express here now and take his advice on a dark and stormy night when the lightning's crashin' and the thunder's rollin' and the rain's coming down in sheets thick as lead.

Just remember what old Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake.

Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right square in the eye and he says, 'Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.'

You just listen to the old Pork Chop Express here now and take his advice on a dark and stormy night when the lightning's crashin' and the thunder's rollin' and the rain's coming down in sheets thick as lead.

Just remember what old Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake.

Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right square in the eye and he says, 'Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.'

Are you aware they are planning a remake of Big Trouble? Earlier this summer, Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson was in negotiations to reprise the role of Jack Burton.

Oh yea, yer right.. forgot.
BTLC is classic. Love it.
One of his best movies is Overboard with Goldie Hawn.. still married to her.
Set in the PNW awesome cute movie.

Check out this recent pic.. what a stach!

th?&id=OIP.M3ccc042613d82841db8d2166a484eb91o0&w=300&h=225&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

Always liked Kurt Russell and never knew his stance on guns. His points are spot on - he gets it.

It's great when one of the Bollywood crowd escapes the nest and goes rogue... it must drive the herd absolutely insane. Much like Clint Eastwood doing the parody at the RNC, it's refreshing to know that not all of those associated with never-neverland are a lost cause.

Always liked Kurt Russell and never knew his stance on guns. His points are spot on - he gets it.

It's great when one of the Bollywood crowd escapes the nest and goes rogue... it must drive the herd absolutely insane. Much like Clint Eastwood doing the parody at the RNC, it's refreshing to know that not all of those associated with never-neverland are a lost cause.
It's really no wonder.. check out all the cool crap his Dad starred in.. everything!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bing_Russell

Just an FYI.... Kurt Russell & Goldie still aren't married, after 30 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Carr-s-Chatty-Man-never-wed-Kurt-Russell.html

Always loved Goldie. From the first time I saw her in "Cactus Flower" with Walter Matthau. On to Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in. "Overboard" is still a favorite of mine. Always though it was so cool watching a couple that live together and love together for so many years, and what it must be like acting together.

Go Kurt and Goldie!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews