JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can one of u highly informed folks tell me what caliber pistol can I buy to load solid and buck shot?

I know Tausus makes " the judge' (45 cal)but is their a 38 or 357 that would work as a snake load? What size shot

thanks

you can buy CCI shot loads in .22 .22mag 9mm .38S and probally many other loads. I know they typically don't feed to well in a bottom loader but revolvers are a cake walk! I used to carry a .22 mag with shot loads when hiking as a kid for snacks and little birdies. I found I had to get within 3ish feet for it really do do anything they were very weak.

Steven

I developed some handloaded shotshells for revolver use when I lived in northern MN using CCI shot capsules. I loaded the capsules with #8 shot and they worked well enough to take ruffed grouse out of trees at close range. Loaded in 44 mag cases, they were very effective. Loaded in 357 mag cases, they were adequate. Loaded in 38 Special cases, they were marginal. None were 410 shotgun quality though. I later used them on Texas rattlesnakes and they were all adequate when I was way closer than I wanted to be. Trying to load them a little on the hot side caused donut patterns, so you need to pattern them if you create your own. If you really want shotgun ballistics and payload from a handgun, the Judge firing real 410's would be a superior choice - in my opinion.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top