JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have experience with filing the corners of the rear sights on a pistol? I have a Springfield XDm 9mm 3.8 compact that I use as a carry pistol about 50% of the time. I have a great IWB holster from Milt Sparks but the rear sight is so square (doesn't have rounded corners like my Sig P238) and it makes the rear sight really stick out/print through my shirt. I'd like to file down the corners of the sight to smooth it out but not sure the best way to go about it.

What kind of file should I use? I don't want to use a Dremel and get carried away on accident. I'd like it to look symmetrical when Im done too...maybe I better take it to a gunsmith so if it turns out jacked up its not my fault...

What do you guys think? Comments? Suggestions?

I use a medium texture scotchbrite wheel made by 3M. They make several different widths. A small half inch wide wheel would work fine. Mounts on any table top grinder.

It's really easy to round off sharp corners, and its 10 times faster and smoother than using a file.

Now you can use a smooth cut file and take your time, but it takes practice to get nice a nice even radius on the corners.

im seriously considering doing my own SAS work on my 938 slide, it will polish up real well. I have been looking into it and it does not seem hard to do the cold bluing method.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top