JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I put this Python on lay-a-way today and I thought the grips looked a bit goofy. I think it is because they are smooth and not checkered. I have never seen factory grips from Colt that were smooth. Was this the case on most of the Pythons?

I will be changing them out regardless, since I think they are ugly with a capital Ugh.

Python1.jpg

ive never seen colt grips like that. who knows what colt had made.

of course they could have been modified by the previous owner.

YECK.. Find a good custom maker and get a set made to spec for you. Anything would be beeter then the hack job that on it now.
I personally would go with Pachmare or houge if this is a caryy weapon..

oh, btw,

you should have 1 testical smashed for placing that Colt on the Ruger mat.

why dont you just take a dump on the colt while youre at it?

I got confirmation from a very reliable source on Colt gun and from Colt themselves (indirectly) that they did indeed ship some SS Pythons with these very grips. That does not change the fact that these things might be rare, but they are sure ugly. I will keep them around just in case but I will not be seen shooting it in public with these things. :)

I put this Python on lay-a-way today and I thought the grips looked a bit goofy. I think it is because they are smooth and not checkered. I have never seen factory grips from Colt that were smooth. Was this the case on most of the Pythons?

I will be changing them out regardless, since I think they are ugly with a capital Ugh.

Python1.jpg

I suppose smooth is relative, it looks like someone was teething on those. :p

I used to sell Python's in my gun shop back in the day when you could get them new. At one time the Colt Factory would sell custom stocks...including those without checkering.

I don't recall ever seeing a front sight like that directly from the factory. I could be wrong but I just don't recall. During the 70's installing a plastic colored front sight insert into the front sight blade was big business. Typically then it was red. So I would speculate someone has done some customization. She's a beaut! Nice score.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top