JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That...that would make me cry. I would just use the weber but I would be ticked.

And please don't get me wrong, the reason I know Bear Mountain is I've used their product to cook literally thousands of pounds of meat in a commercial Southern Pride for catering events.

For competition we only used what you call "old school" cookers from Webers in Europe to Klose pits all over the U.S. and Canada.

I'm not likely to ever get a pellet grill but something confuses me...Are you burning pellets throughout the cooking process? When I smoke I'm using an old Brinkman kettle and lump charcoal. I use various woods I've collected on the job and only smoke for the first part of the cooking. Wood burns out slowly, meat contiues to cook. Same thing with the Little Chief and salmon, smoke at the beginning.

Ducane gas grill owner here. Chicken, roasted potatoes, grilled onions and zucchini all at the same time.

Not smoking the whole time. The pellets heat up and the grill works like an oven only kicking the pellets/smoke on when it needs to heat up again. So on and off pretty much.

I still like my Little Chief for salmon though. I got that thing at a yard sale for 5 bucks a couple years ago and it makes some beautiful smoked salmon.

I have an old Brinkman I use with Lump Charcoal and wood chips. Made some Beef Jerky using Hickory a few months back. I like the water pan in it and the moisture keeps the Jerky from being bone dry.:s0108: If it gets too hot I just put some Ice Cubes in the water pan and take some coals out, and it works good.:s0155: Something interesting, a few years back on the internet there was someone selling ''Manzanita'' wood chips in bags for smoking with. I have used local Oak and Manzanita to grill with and it makes real good smoke. That shrub grows all over in parts of Oregon. I am lucky that I have Cherry Trees in my yard, that's more free smoker wood.:s0145:

I have an old Brinkman I use with Lump Charcoal and wood chips. Made some Beef Jerky using Hickory a few months back. I like the water pan in it and the moisture keeps the Jerky from being bone dry.:s0108: If it gets too hot I just put some Ice Cubes in the water pan and take some coals out, and it works good.:s0155: Something interesting, a few years back on the internet there was someone selling ''Manzanita'' wood chips in bags for smoking with. I have used local Oak and Manzanita to grill with and it makes real good smoke. That shrub grows all over in parts of Oregon. I am lucky that I have Cherry Trees in my yard, that's more free smoker wood.:s0145:

Yup, that my current setup until I build a brick one. Works great but it can be a lot if work for long cooks.

If I'm doing something like ribs, pork roast, I'll cook in the Brinkman for an hour and a half and then sauce and finish in the oven at 225-250.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top