JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw a chart once on the net that listed the working pressures of smokeless powders. It showed the pressure ranges that the various types of powder would burn efficiently and completely at. Shotguns powders were something like up to 18K and pistol powders were up to 30K and Rifles were about 30K on up. If anyone has seen that chart somewhere and knows where to get it I would appreciate getting that. I noticed some rifle powders will not burn completely until they reach pressures well over 40K. H380 is one of them. I can't seem to load anything hot enough to get all the kernals to burn. It leaves unburned powder in my barrel every time. And these were loads listed in reloading manuals. Others like 4831 will burn completely away and most of the older powders will to. I'm trying to create reduced loads with common rifle powders and some work and others not at all. Has anyone published technical data on that subject anywhere.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top