JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe they will finally lower the price of their Optics Ready M&P9 2.0 pistols down to $500 or less.

Heck I picked up a 4" compact with night sights for $350 right before the pandemic.

And don't forget.....

Aloha, Mark

I have a friend who is a corporate headhunter, and has represented (among other companies) several firearms mfg.'s back East. He has told me the gun business is all predicated on repeat buyers. In other words, people like us. I think the gun manufacturers just don't listen to their customers. Whenever they make something the shooting community actually wants, it sells out immediately and becomes impossible to get.

I've had several S&W revolvers on backorder for a long time now. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. I don't know what S&W is doing but competing in the dollar menu arena with inexpensive polymer pistols does not seem like a good strategy for a company with a large collector following.

Smith & Wesson Chief Executive Mark Smith laid the blame for the big revenue miss on inventory corrections needed in the sales channel due to a decline in demand for guns late in 2021 and early in 2022.
:confused:
Really? I gave up even trying to find a few guns as they were just not to be found and he is trying to say demand fell off?

Maybe the manufacturerers want to pump out as many plastic guns as possible before the cost of plastic skyrockets due to shortages in the oil pipeline making plastic production unreasonably expensive. S&W, Ruger and Taurus all seem to have let their revolver production lag. Or they are just chasing the quick and easy money to be had from plastic guns.

They pumped out plastic guns because that is what gun shops ordered and what the gun shops where told by the people they wanted.

The shop I work at, it was almost a 75 to 1 ratio of folks looking for a hi cap 9mm plastic fantastic over a revolver for the end of the world Zombie Apocalypse, defund the police and the riots.

We have more revolvers now then we have had in over 2 years and they hardly get looked at as folks are still buying 9s, its only a hand full of collectors or die hard revolver folks that are buying them.

It is getting better as folks are not in panic mode as much as they were but we are still selling more than average of what we did before the panic/pandemic.

Just my 2 cents

Edit spelling

Last Edited:
They pumped out plastic guns because that is what gun shops ordered and what the gun shops where told by the people they wanted.

The shop I work at, it was almost a 75 to 1 ratio of folks looking for a hi cap 9mm plastic fantastic over a revolver for the end of the world Zombie Apocalypse, defund the police and the riots.

We have more revolvers now then we have had in over 2 years and they barley get looked at as folks are still buying 9s, its only a hand full of collectors or die hard revolver folks that are buying them.

It is getting better as folks are not in panic mode as much as they were but we are still selling more than average of what we did before the panic/pandemic.

Just my 2 cents
Do you have any Taurus 942M revolvers in stock?

And a lot of people blew their wad in 2020/2021 with stimulus/UI.

Now no more stimulus on the horizon for most people, and UI is not subsidized or extended.

I spent most of that on a new roof and new fridge for the kids house, a new freezer for me, but I did spend some of it on guns/ammo and some other things.

Right now I am spending what I have left on house repairs/etc.

Also, there is the stock market drop - my investments vacillate up and down, but remain "in the red" between -$50K -> -$100K below their high early this year. I am riding it out, but disinclined to spend any $ when those investments show now growth YTD; if I have an emergency that costs more than my cash on hand, then I will have to tap my retirement savings, and I really don't want to do that when they are showing a loss (on paper) YTD.

Plus there is the recession, high interest rates, inflation and orgs are starting to layoff workers. The unemployment rate is low, but that can (and probably will) change soon. I think it was the fed that was saying that to control inflation we need an unemployment rate of near 7%?

So no more "easy money", high interest rates, stock market is down considerably, there is a recession and people are nervous about their jobs.

^^There's a lot of truth to this. It is certainly true for me as the lockdowns set off a chain reaction that severely hurt my business. So I'm not buying toys in multiples like I used to. But I think people will find a way to spend money on their hobbies, if it's the right product at the right price. The low hanging fruit is gone, but if they make something people want it will sell out fast.

I have been wanting a Beryl 5.56 AK for a long time, and today I rec'd an "in-stock" notification from Atlantic. Everything sold out in 10 minutes. And my guy over there told me they had a lot of them. Those are not cheap either. I know if (for example) Ruger got the new old Marlins on the shelf they would be gone quick. The Springfield Hi-Power, the Colt Anaconda are other examples.

IMO I think catering to panic buyers was a mistake. After the panic buyers get their polymer 9 and maybe an AR and an 870 they're not likely to fill their safes over time.

Last Edited:
I have the guns I need and most of those I want (for my budget, one one third the income I used to have pre-retirement), and almost all of the ammo.

What I need are the accessories and services - optics, holsters, etc. and modifications (triggers, etc.).

But my retirement income barely covers my non-discretionary spending (mortgage, utils, food, insurance, etc.) and my cash on hand savings are being depleted (I really need to stop discretionary spending until the stock market recovers, which probably won't happen anytime soon).

Plus there is the recession, high interest rates, inflation and orgs are starting to layoff workers.
Ya with Amazon hitting the skid on sales and stopping production on outlets plus Smith Wesson and who knows who else, I thank god that we have the best economy ever per this administration.

Or we would be in a real world of hurt! LOL

what goes up must come down..... No one is buying anything because most will need another Safe lmao.

what goes up must come down..... No one is buying anything because most will need another Safe lmao.

If no one is buying why are so many guns just all but impossible to find to buy?? Manufacturers who crank out stuff no one wants while ignoring the demand that can not be filled, then say no one wants our stuff????
They sound like the people in charge of places like Seattle and Potland. Looking at the mess they made and saying they just do not know how this happened.

If no one is buying why are so many guns just all but impossible to find to buy?? Manufacturers who crank out stuff no one wants while ignoring the demand that can not be filled, then say no one wants our stuff????
They sound like the people in charge of places like Seattle and Potland. Looking at the mess they made and saying they just do not know how this happened.
Well the last two years the labor forces has been horrible and lots of materials have been hard to find. i work in the sheet metal industry and i can tell you High grade stainless is still hard to come by. pumping out gun no one really wants, well that might be all materials they have left lol. I see a lot of gun manufactures actually making stuff people kinda want and some cool stuff this last year. another thought is 2A under fire really hard right now, makes it hard to invest $$$$ into a new product line that might get shut down in 2 years. Record gun sales could of soaked up all the back log inventory people had and manufactures had. I am also guessing at this one but with the war going on and US giving billions away in arms i bet government fulfillment demand has gone way up as well.

Well the last two years the labor forces has been horrible and lots of materials have been hard to find. i work in the sheet metal industry and i can tell you High grade stainless is still hard to come by. pumping out gun no one really wants, well that might be all materials they have left lol. I see a lot of gun manufactures actually making stuff people kinda want and some cool stuff this last year. another thought is 2A under fire really hard right now, makes it hard to invest $$$$ into a new product line that might get shut down in 2 years. Record gun sales could of soaked up all the back log inventory people had and manufactures had. I am also guessing at this one but with the war going on and US giving billions away in arms i bet government fulfillment demand has gone way up as well.
I have ZERO doubt that the real problem here is what was done in the name of keeping us safe. I have to guess people like the guy from S&W must be scared to tell the truth then. So since he is afraid of the current administration he just makes up some fairy tale? Well ok but, seems like he is saying he thinks his customers are stupid by expecting them to believe him.

What good is a new gun if you can't get the ammo? Or the ammo is just too expensive to go shooting as often as you'd like.
With the strong economic uncertainties of late, I think higher priced (sometimes scarce) ammo has cooled a lot of peoples appetite for pouring more money into the shooting sports industry.

I have ZERO doubt that the real problem here is what was done in the name of keeping us safe. I have to guess people like the guy from S&W must be scared to tell the truth then. So since he is afraid of the current administration he just makes up some fairy tale? Well ok but, seems like he is saying he thinks his customers are stupid by expecting them to believe him.
We the people will never know the truth on anything. All gun manufacture are scared a bit of the current administration but smith & Wesson has called them out as well. If you worked in manufacturing or in the construction industry material shortage has been a real headache. Weather it was real or a pushed agenda, once again we will never know. I do know when i call my supplier and order materials it was next dayt, then it went to 2-4 weeks, then to months out. i know Builder that ordered windows 8 months ago and still haven't received them due to silicon shortage.. Everything is just smoke and mirrors anymore and hard to tell what really is the truth. Stock up and buy want your fingers can get a hold of.

I have ZERO doubt that the real problem here is what was done in the name of keeping us safe.
I think it has a lot on where you live on what's in stock. I was in boise last weekend and I almost got divorced. I left the gun stores drooling on all the stuff they had in stock lol. Guns that are hard to find here were all over the place.....

20220828_152640.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads