JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not saying my gun can't stand up to some use and abuse. Guess what I was trying to say is that the S&W is a good gun to get for a loaner. I'd rather spend $650 on one that will see occasional use, rather than $1500+...And if I drop one of my guns and scratch it up, I don't care, but I tend to get a lil upset if someone else does. But if I have a gun specifically for others to use, it won't matter...kinda like a rental car. If I don't make much sense, it could be the fact I've got one hell of a sinus infection that's got my left eye swollen shut and I've been using old home remedy of bourbon, lemon, honey, and lemon...

Don't sweat it. I understood what you were saying. And hey...the old home remedy sounds good to me :s0155:

I just have to chuckle when I see guys out at the range, some bad-mouthing lesser brands than whatever they spent too much money on, then treat theirs with kid-gloves on. Nothing wrong with taking care of your gear. Just know that these things, especially AR's, were designed to take more abuse than you think.

And the point I was trying to make is, if one particular brand can't stand up to something as simple as being dropped, you might want to re-consider making that your go-to piece. One of my particular 'go-to, bump-in-the-night' pieces has over 8K rounds down the tube, been dropped, kicked, dragged, dunked, you name it - and keeps on ticking, and still going.:s0114:

For giggles, I've tossed a [won't say what brand for fear the guys in the white coats might come and lock me up :s0114:] across some rocks and into mud several times, to make a point, then sat back and laughed at all the dropped jaws. And I've taken a few lesser brand name AR's and done the same, without a hitch, just to prove that they were every bit as tough and reliable as some of those high $$$ makes. Keep in mind, safety comes first, and I checked to ensure the action or barrel was not plugged - before firing it.

But back on topic - if and when they do come back with more of those S&W's for that price, I'm sure one will find it's way home with me ;)

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top