JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering why there is so much negative hype about the Sigma.
I know they copied alot from Glock and got sued from glock.
with that being said wouldn't that make it just like a glock??
im referring to the 40VE.I have seen people trying to trade there Sigma for other guns.
Am I missing something? I carry to protect myself ,my Kids & wife.
Are they safe to carry chambered?
Thank you for your time.

I never had an issue with mine and I always carried chambered. They are a entry level carry gun and in my opinion are just as reliable as a Glock.

I'm sure that last statement will spark some comments. I never had an issue with reliability with mine I just switched to carrying a Kimber for concealability reasons.

Just wondering why there is so much negative hype about the Sigma.

It's not negative hype; it's negative experiences. Many people dislike the stock trigger and the design had reliability issues, i.e. jamming, when it first came out. S&W has tinkered with it to improve the reliability but a lot of people who have owned them dislike them. That says something.

I know they copied alot from Glock and got sued from glock.
with that being said wouldn't that make it just like a glock??

No. S&W infringed on Glock's patents, got sued by Glock, and settled with Glock. As part of the settlement, they had to make changes to the Sigma. The Sigma is not a Glock. Don't confuse patent infringement with meaning the infringing item is as good as the infringed item. Company B can rip off Company A and do a poor job of it.

Am I missing something? I carry to protect myself ,my Kids & wife.

I'm not saying it couldn't work for you. I'm saying there are much better options out there. Those other options should be explored before you choose a Sigma. Then again, it's your money and experience can be a great teacher.

I agree I have one and it goes bang every time, Just a little bulky for carry and that is why I switched to a Kimber Ultra Carry II. I still have my Sigma and would use it to protect my family..

they fixed the reliability issues. It has a very heavy stock trigger--about 10-12 pounds...so it is very safe to carry chambered.

I had one, disliked the heavy trigger and moved up the M&P series that I love (about another 150 bucks).

I sold my Sigma VE40 to a friend two years ago...he loves it...never a failure in probably over 1,000 rounds. The trigger doesn't bother him and he shoots very well with it.

Well built, reliable gun with a crappy trigger. The trigger is heavy as a "safety" measure in this handgun. It doesn't have the passive safety's systems like you might find in other makes, so the company put this heavy trigger to prevent accidental discharge if the gun gets struck, dropped, etc....

Guys that shoot d.a. revolvers often seem not to mind this trigger setup as much as say someone used to shooting an XD often then shooting this weapon.

They are still a reliable weapon IMHO and the price does make them an attractive option for many.

I would say the worst thing about this gun is the trigger pull... you just never know when it's going to go bang during a slow trigger pull. As for a carry gun it's a great starter, but over the years has proven to be a bit bulky.

The 40 sigma I had was very sensitive to leading from open base bullets. After about 30 rounds, the groups would begin to open up alot! A couple times with a brush and it would shoot good again.

i had the 40VE and a few times when i went out shooting (on separate occcasions) the first shot didn't fire. this made me lose faith in it. i'm not saying they're all bad, but mine may have had a problem or something. i sold it and got an HK USPc .40 and i loooove it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top