JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tell that to the revolver line, they can't make them fast enough.
I quit trying to order S&W revolvers for customers. They were never in stock. This has been going on for many years now. My distributor told me S&W cannot hire enough competent machinists to make revolvers, yet somehow they are able to crank out all kinds of ARs. The whole thing was baffling, like if Ford stopped making trucks to focus on small electric coupes. I guess if you want a revolver bad enough you can pay the Gunbroker tax.

Oh I agree. Why do these manufacturers feel the need to gimmick up their products?
Grip Zone was just an awful thing......
The "tactical" roll mark on my TRP was also pretty cheesy. I like the way Dan Wesson keeps their slides simple.

I also dislike the "pro series" markings on s&w revolvers. seems out of place. while the Airweight rollmark on a 642/442 is just beautiful.

Ah, the good old days of simple numbers.

I just picked up a Gen 2 S&W 9mm semi-auto, simply identified as, Model 439.

All the numbers have a meaning, but no ridiculous marketing name, like "Judge" (Taurus) or "Governor" (S&W).

Just 4 - 3 - 9.

Completely unique.

Completely simple.

Nics background checks

December 2019 - 2,936,894

December 2020 - 3,937,066

December 2021 - 3,098,539

December 2022 - 3,036,531

Gun sales have not tanked, that is for sure.

GRIP ZONE was worse. And frankly, the P365 with the worst, most eye rolling name I've heard in a long time.

AE60EB89-03CE-4664-B7E1-98BD24F238E4.jpeg.jpg

I love my old school models 28, 29, and 10, but Smith & Wesson, like Colt, Remington, and Winchester, is just a shadow of its old self, relying on government contracts and their good name, with almost zero innovation.

If I want a quality AR, I'll buy a BCM, Noveske, LWRC, or similar. If I want a quality pistol, I'll stick with my Glocks, FNs, and CZs.

....just my opinion, for what it's worth.

When I was shopping for a revolver, I was looking for one that could handle the +P .45 Colt ammo. S&W just didn't fit the bill.

And if I wanted a double action, same thing. I'm looking for what can handle the hottest ammo. Not cause I plan to do it often, but because it'll last longer. The S&W revolvers look nice, but I'll need more than just something looking pretty tbh.

And as for their other stuff, nothing really grabbed my attention. An AR is an AR, and others make better ones for not much more.

When I was shopping for a revolver, I was looking for one that could handle the +P .45 Colt ammo. S&W just didn't fit the bill.
What is wrong with a 460V (besides the fact that it is huge and heavy)?

But yes, I have a 325TR and I wish they made one in .45LC that would also take .45 ACP with moon clips. I am sure they could do it because they make the 329PD which has higher pressures than .45LC +P, and the 325TR seems like it is stronger - they just need to make the cylinder (and frame?) a bit longer?

What is wrong with a 460V (besides the fact that it is huge and heavy)?

But yes, I have a 325TR and I wish they made one in .45LC that would also take .45 ACP with moon clips. I am sure they could do it because they make the 329PD which has higher pressures than .45LC +P, and the 325TR seems like it is stronger - they just need to make the cylinder (and frame?) a bit longer?
Because I only needed a .45 Colt that could handle +P, the XVR would cost more than its worth if I only intend to shoot .45 Colt. If I wanted a .454 Casull as well I'd have considered the 460V.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top