JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The screw that keeps the cylinder from falling out. What is it called where do I find one? And when i do replace it would it be ok to put a little lock tite blue on I dont want to lose it again lol. Any help would be awsome

Smith & Wesson call it a "Yoke Screw". Other gun makers call it a "Crane Screw".
Numrich is out of them, but they do show an over sized screw that probably fixes your problem if you could locate one.
Go to the Numrich web site, look up your model 36 and you will see an exploded diagram showing the screws that fasten the
sideplate.
It looks like there are two screws that are identical and one shorter one ( the short one goes to the top screw hole).
You can move the other screw (lower middle) over to the hole that is missing the yoke screw and for now, keep your cylinder from falling out.

Call Smith & Wesson directly, they may actually just give you the screw. Last time I needed small parts for a Model 10 they had them in stock and sent them to me for free.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top