1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. Dismiss Notice

smith wesson model 36

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by geterdone, Sep 24, 2012.

  1. geterdone

    geterdone Lake Stevens Member

    Likes Received:
    The screw that keeps the cylinder from falling out. What is it called where do I find one? And when i do replace it would it be ok to put a little lock tite blue on I dont want to lose it again lol. Any help would be awsome
  2. jbett98

    jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

    Likes Received:
    Smith & Wesson call it a "Yoke Screw". Other gun makers call it a "Crane Screw".
    Numrich is out of them, but they do show an over sized screw that probably fixes your problem if you could locate one.
    Go to the Numrich web site, look up your model 36 and you will see an exploded diagram showing the screws that fasten the
    It looks like there are two screws that are identical and one shorter one ( the short one goes to the top screw hole).
    You can move the other screw (lower middle) over to the hole that is missing the yoke screw and for now, keep your cylinder from falling out.

    JSJPDX East Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

    Likes Received:
    Call Smith & Wesson directly, they may actually just give you the screw. Last time I needed small parts for a Model 10 they had them in stock and sent them to me for free.