JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I am interested in buying a blued, Smith & Wesson, Model 29, in .44 Magnum. I'm mainly interested in the variants produced with a 6" or 6½" barrel length, though I could roll with the 8⅜" barrel. I have no interest in the 4" or 10⅝" variants. I have little interest in the stainless steel model (629) either.

I'm not picky on dates, serial numbers, et al., as I'm just looking for a good, solid shooter, and nothing else. Accessories (e.g., leather holster, speedloaders, etc.) would be great, but are not a big deal.

Have one to sell? Let me know. I live in the sticks, so no worries on paying for shipping to the local kitchen table FFL. Thanks!

Yes, i did notice the "Classic" version (new production) was available for under a grand now, and currently they do have a nice wooden, lined box, i was very tempted.

I'm very tempted by the currently produced "Classic" version, but am not sure on the quality of said. I have a thread about that here. If they are solid, then that is an easy choice. I see them for under eight c-notes on GB, for example.

I'm very tempted by the currently produced "Classic" version, but am not sure on the quality of said. I have a thread about that here. If they are solid, then that is an easy choice. I see them for under eight c-notes on GB, for example.
Looking over my Father's 6.5" .357 (sorry dont know the model number but it looks exactly the same as the 29) and comparing them side by side, we noticed that the newer grips feel a little less aggressive, have a less glossy wood coat, and are a bit lighter in weight. He told me that in the 80s when he almost bought the model 29, it had the same blueing as his .357 model. The newer 29 has more of a black blueing where as his older .357 (which was purchased early 80s) has a nicer gun metal blueing (the rich, glossy dark grey color). Personally, I like the older gun metal bluing mich better. Besides that, the model 29 classic was everything he was hoping it to be and I, too, would agree that it looks well made.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.