Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Smith & Wesson model 27 collector question.

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by xuout1, Feb 4, 2013.

1. xuout1

xuout1 Sandy Oregon Member

I have a chance to buy a S&W model 27 100th anniversary commemorative washington state penitentiary walla walla revolver in wood box never fired with keys and paper for $1000 .Im having a hard time finding a value on it becuse its so rare only 125 made. Any one know what this should sell for. Thanks.

2. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

It's hard to put a value on a commemorative gun. The way I generally value them is just like a standard gun unless I have a personal connection to the subject material. If you were connected to the penitentiary, this probably wouldn't be a bad price. Not being connected, it might be a bit high, but not too much...

3. xuout1

xuout1 Sandy Oregon Member

just would hate to get stuck with a gun that I would be under water on and not able to shoot . At least i would have the most pimpin smith on the block.HA!

4. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

I agree with mountainbear. To me, commemoratives aren't worth more unless I have some tie to what it is they are commemorating. That's just me though.

5. Summersteel

Summersteel wet side of oregon Member

Have you checked to see if there are folks now at the walla walla pen who own this gun? maybe they can shed some light on what they originally cost when they were introduced and you can go from there.