JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at BiMart today and I noticed they have a S&W snub nose revolver in stainless, with exposed hammer. Does anybody know what model number and frame that is? I did a quick Google search but couldn't find any info. $499 seems inexpensive.

It is the "Airweight" series, I think they have aluminum frames. But I'm not sure.
Yep. They have "aluminum alloy" frames. I have the hammerless version (Model 642) and have been carrying it constantly while bowhunting and scouting for nearly 20 years. It hasn't been shot a ton, probably less than 500 rounds. But it has stood the test over many miles of hiking, and in my younger years mountain biking after deer and elk. After all of those miles, it certainly isn't the prettiest gun I own. LOL. But, even with the lawyer lock, I would still recommend it.

IIRC, the Airweights are not recommended for +P ammo but otherwise they are great carry pistols. I have a 442 that I've carried off and on for 10 years or so.

IIRC, the Airweights are not recommended for +P ammo but otherwise they are great carry pistols. I have a 442 that I've carried off and on for 10 years or so.
I got a 462 air weight and it says +P on the barrel. Is that not the case?

45FDDDA2-9568-4190-9AFF-7DF5D9BA8E6A.jpeg

There is no reason one is unable use +p ammo in older models, it just wasn't spelled out because it wasn't a thing back then. That said, they recoil hard enough with standard rounds and given the short barrel there is no reason to use +p ammo in the air weights.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top