JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At present I only own one .357 . A 686-4 four inch barrel. It no longer gets out on the trail. I am considering a 627 for range use. Previous .357's with 5.5 inch barrels have hit well at out to 110 yards. My current four inch hits out to 55 yards.
I am also interested in the ability to use moon clips and interchangeable front sights. The Pro shop 627 also sports other refinements. I have mined the available YouTube data. Any thoughts?

S&W 627 V-Comp. They are also making another batch of smith M610 revolvers so you will have moon clips and the ability to shoot Hot 10mm rounds and cheep 40 S&W ammo to.

If it's strictly for range shooting, I would go with as long a barrel as possible. They are more fun to shoot. Its just they are a pain to carry. If I were committed to the 627, I would go with the longest barreled 627 listed, the Performance Center 627 5 inch. This not only has the moon clips you want, but also a PC tuned action with trigger stop. The 627, with its slab-sided reduced-weight barrel, is not going to have the muzzle-heavy feel of the 686. So if you like that feel and can forego the moon clips, you can get a new 7-shot 686 Plus with a six inch barrel. Or a used 686 6-shot with an 8 inch barrel. Longer barrel and muzzle heavy feel and L frame size.

Does the N frame fit your hand better than the L frame? That would also be a factor. And do you know you would like moon clips? And/or actually need them? If its a range gun, why? Competitions requiring reloading?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top