JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At present I only own one .357 . A 686-4 four inch barrel. It no longer gets out on the trail. I am considering a 627 for range use. Previous .357's with 5.5 inch barrels have hit well at out to 110 yards. My current four inch hits out to 55 yards.
I am also interested in the ability to use moon clips and interchangeable front sights. The Pro shop 627 also sports other refinements. I have mined the available YouTube data. Any thoughts?

S&W 627 V-Comp. They are also making another batch of smith M610 revolvers so you will have moon clips and the ability to shoot Hot 10mm rounds and cheep 40 S&W ammo to.

If it's strictly for range shooting, I would go with as long a barrel as possible. They are more fun to shoot. Its just they are a pain to carry. If I were committed to the 627, I would go with the longest barreled 627 listed, the Performance Center 627 5 inch. This not only has the moon clips you want, but also a PC tuned action with trigger stop. The 627, with its slab-sided reduced-weight barrel, is not going to have the muzzle-heavy feel of the 686. So if you like that feel and can forego the moon clips, you can get a new 7-shot 686 Plus with a six inch barrel. Or a used 686 6-shot with an 8 inch barrel. Longer barrel and muzzle heavy feel and L frame size.

Does the N frame fit your hand better than the L frame? That would also be a factor. And do you know you would like moon clips? And/or actually need them? If its a range gun, why? Competitions requiring reloading?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top