JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Sold

IMG_1766_zps6b29d8b9.jpg IMG_1767_zps0d312ec4.jpg IMG_1769_zps5f4a333c.jpg

Last Edited:
rsmccsman: thanks for the comments.....do you have some specific and more objective markers, as in "x Ring accuracy at 800 yards while running & burping" etc.???

While S&W revolvers fit me very well, I've never had one of their autos I cared for, other than the magnificent M41. I'm hoping this will change my luck....the M39 & M59 buddies had were simply not my taste, and the glock-clone they built about 10 years ago was one of the worst triggers I've ever encountered.

I've read a modicum about the 1911Sc though and have hopes. I'm a 1911 fan.

I don't see many around, almost never at the range.

41 Mag, First off this is a beautiful gun almost a work of art with the fish scales in the slide serrations and the grips with the bobtail IMHO, but it is not so ornate as to be impractical. The direction of the serrations means they only catch in one direction (pushing the slide back) which works great for chamber checking and manipulating the slides so they serve a practical functional purpose in addition to looking very cool. Very tight and accurate clean crisp trigger with good reset. The bobtail makes it carry more like an officer model in terms of how it would print under a shirt while still retaining the extra magazine capacity of the Commander. It is a very refined example of a 1911 in this price range. The light weight Scandium alloy frame is also nice for Carrying but it doesn't suffer in the shootability department. It has night sights. Ambi safety. It is capable of more accuracy than the shooter. I took mine to Frontsight earlier this year for a 2 day class and the RO's were very jealous. Put me easily at the top of the class. If you are a 1911 fan you will not be disappointed.;) BTW if you can get hits at 800 yards with a pistol while running it probably doesn't matter what you carry because you are a master shooter.

"If you are a 1911 fan you will not be disappointed." I appreciate the various advantages you describe. I like the CBOB DW as odd as it looked it fits my had most wonderfully. I seem to need a bit of 'weight forward' muzzle heavier to help my shooting style. The lightweight polymers such as glock plus the odd wrist angle don't work so well for me.

Thanks for the comments. I don't expect my 800 yard acp accuracy will be noticeably better regardless of what I use.....;)

What other range games have you found the Sc model well suited for?

What other range games have you found the Sc model well suited for?

It's not a "race gun" if that is what your looking for it doesn't fit that bill, but it is a very good out of the box factory 1911 suitable for carry and general range work. If you were competing in some kind of stock factory IDPA category for 1911 it would work, understanding the inherent limitations of the 1911 with magazine capacity and single stack mags. It is 4.25 in Barrel so you get a little more weight up front than most of the 4 inch commander length models so it is a good compromise between the full size Government's shootability as a range gun and the shorter slide Commander. You don't give up much over the full size in that department.

Hey I appreciate the info, that is way more than I knew about it. I do love the way it shoots but I really am not a fan of a safety on a carry pistol.

JPH: I contacted the range out there and here's the reply:
"
Thanks for your inquiry sir and I hope this addresses your questions:
1-We are open to the public Thurs thru Sun from 10am till 4pm and the cost is $10 per shooter
2-Our web site is www.emeraldempiregunclub.org and the events calendar is on the lower right

Feel free to contact me with any further questions

Mike Gilligan
Chief Range Officer"

Sounds outside our time frame.

I don't want to keep you hanging on our FTF, but it looks like both Wed & Thurs will be impossible for me. Perhaps Friday PM?

My FFL is back Monday, and I'm still leaning toward a deal we had penciled in on a Sig he's been tempting me with. Pending potential Friday if you still have the Sc, we can confirm early Thursday. I'd like to see it but not at $400 difference. I do happen to favor single stack 1911s though.:)

Your welcome. On anything but a 1911 I am not a fan of manual safeties either. Just one more thing you have to train for and remember under stress. o_O

Last Edited:
Edited thread to add that this needs to be FTF in Eugene/Springfield, my schedule is too hectic to travel for a deal.

I apologize to 41mag for missing our appointment.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.