JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I picked up a rifle and I really don't need to keep it. It's a Smith & Wesson 1500 Deluxe in .270 Win. This gun is made by Howa and is very similar to the Weatherby Vanguard.
I mounted a scope on it and shot it some, then I changed the Weaver bases out and swapped the bases and rings to Leupold and put a gloss 3-9x40 Leupold VXII on it. Haven't shot it since then to sight it in! The gun is in very nice condition with one very small nick in the wood under the cheek pad, a small amount of bluing wear near the muzzle, a few nicks in the trigger guard and a small scratch on the floor plate. (see 3rd pic) The trigger is very crisp and the action has been glass bedded (looks factory). I purchased the scope new several years ago and it has a couple of small marks.
I've got about a half a box of Remington 150gr and some empty brass to go along with it. I'll sell it with or without the scope and/or bases rings. The Weaver bases and Leupold Rifleman rings are available too. (not shown)
I'd like $425 obo for the rifle and scope as shown, $250 with no scope and the Leupold bases and rings as shown on the gun.
I'm also willing to trade, up with $$ or down with your $$, depending on what you might have to offer. Not too interested in shotguns, plastic pistols or foreign military firearms. Sold pending funds 12/14/10

Last Edited:
This is a very nice rifle. If you think you want it, shoot me an offer. I'm pretty flexible on this...

I have this rifle in .30-06. It's the same rifle as a Weatherby Vanguard. Mine shoots sub-one inch groups at 100 yds. Shot 10 shots at deer with it over the last 10 years and never missed. Best rifle of it's type I've ever owned. I actually prefer the .270 for long range shooting. If I wasn't already gun poor I'd buy it to make a set.:s0155:

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.