JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tell me how this in in any way superior to the Springfields or Glocks that have been out there for years? Or is it just mouth breathing over "It's S&W," -A company that sold it's soul to the Massachusetts legislature a long time ago. -Move your company to a non anti state S&W, and I will take a look at your products again. Until then you can go to Hell for maintaining your business in a state bound and determined to destroy our rights. Mass makes California look "pro gun."

I wonder why they put the external safety on the new shield? If you open the gun up it is just like the fullsize inside so is S&W afraid it the internal safety will not work properly?

I don't give a bubblegumt what anyone thinks this little gun is much more comfortable than any Glock. I almost forgot, it's made right here in the US by and American Company were the majority owners live right here in Western Wa.

I wonder why they put the external safety on the new shield? If you open the gun up it is just like the fullsize inside so is S&W afraid it the internal safety will not work properly?

I don't give a bubblegumt what anyone thinks this little gun is much more comfortable than any Glock. I almost forgot, it's made right here in the US by and American Company were the majority owners live right here in Western Wa.

Probably assuming that a lot of people will just stick the gun loaded in the pocket without a holster, plus it makes it more likely to be approved for sale in those restrictive states.

Probably assuming that a lot of people will just stick the gun loaded in the pocket without a holster, plus it makes it more likely to be approved for sale in those restrictive states.

Good point, problem is that it really doesn't fit in the pocket all that well. I think it's a little big for pocket carry.

FYI-I saw 6 of the shields at the portland gun show today. Keith's had 5 and another one at a vender a few tables over. My Brother grabbed one from Kieth's for 399.00 (the other guy wanted 425.00). Going out to shoot it right now! Range report to follow.

Well there is good news and bad news: The good news is that it ran 50rds flawlessly......
the bad news is that the front sight insert fell out at about round #40.
My bro is going to be contacting S&W to get the front sight fixed/replaced.
Overall, We both really liked it alot.

Well there is good news and bad news: The good news is that it ran 50rds flawlessly......
the bad news is that the front sight insert fell out at about round #40.
My bro is going to be contacting S&W to get the front sight fixed/replaced.
Overall, We both really liked it alot.

The white dots that S&W uses in their sights seem to do that. Sounds like the perfect time to upgrade to night sights.

S&W will take care of you.;)

Tell me how this in in any way superior to the Springfields or Glocks that have been out there for years? Or is it just mouth breathing over "It's S&W," -A company that sold it's soul to the Massachusetts legislature a long time ago. -Move your company to a non anti state S&W, and I will take a look at your products again. Until then you can go to Hell for maintaining your business in a state bound and determined to destroy our rights. Mass makes California look "pro gun."

Swell, now go away, far away.

FYI-I saw 6 of the shields at the portland gun show today. Keith's had 5 and another one at a vender a few tables over. My Brother grabbed one from Kieth's for 399.00 (the other guy wanted 425.00). Going out to shoot it right now! Range report to follow.

Has anybody seen recent stock on the north side of the river?

I think I need one of these. If it feels and performs anything like my M&P 9, I'll be very pleased.

I picked one up the first weekend they were out and have about 200 rounds through mine and love it. Field stip it and it looks just like my fullsize or compact inside. Carry it and it's lighter and more compact. I like mine so much I sold my compact to a friend of mine.

Dusty Stil,

Hi everyone. As a limey, who knew the M59 ( long ago now) whats the M&P like to fire? How does it compare to the Glock G17? I Fired the Glock once or twice and was impressed with it and reading about the M&P ( Thats all we can do now< over here). I Would like to pick brains and get opinions. With the goood news I may be over to visit the N/W next year. If everything goes right.
All my Best to all you all. Have a good day. Lets smell cordite!

Dusty

Dusty Stil,

Hi everyone. As a limey, who knew the M59 ( long ago now) whats the M&P like to fire? How does it compare to the Glock G17? I Fired the Glock once or twice and was impressed with it and reading about the M&P ( Thats all we can do now< over here). I Would like to pick brains and get opinions. With the goood news I may be over to visit the N/W next year. If everything goes right.
All my Best to all you all. Have a good day. Lets smell cordite!

Dusty

No offense to you personally, but the fact of your gunlessness and the degree to which you have to go to simply fondle a weapon makes me want to puke.

No offense to you personally, but the fact of your gunlessness and the degree to which you have to go to simply fondle a weapon makes me want to puke.

Hi aslined. My gunlessness! During my time in the Military, Two years in the Rhodesian Army as a conscript in Airborne, we carried th Fn Fal S.A version.was No2 On the gun group Belgien 7.62 Mag also carried a Browning single action Hi-Power, also when on deep patrols had the Uzi. And had a .32 Colt for home use. 12 Years in the British Army,I qualified as a range coach, marksman with the SLR, The GPMG ( the same MG as in Rhodesia ) and the 9mm. During my time in Germany I was I member of an Anglo-German shooting club and owned S&W M29, M59 and a semi-auto .22. Four tours in NI. Beside my Corps trade an electrician, I worked an armoury and workshop, ( I upset a S/Sgt and was posted there as a punishment) I stay for 2years as an amourer 3class. At the end of one finacial year, me and a mucker fired 10,000 rounds on 4 MGs in the SF role on two afternnons on guns which we had repaired. When returned to UK joined a local Gun Club And bought a Winchester semi-auto 12 guage and a Mossburg pump. For clay pigeon and wood pigeon. After the ban was introduced on handguns, WE shooters had no choice but to give up. With police checks ( one police officer didn't known the differance between apump action and the semi-auto,they just wanted numbers, I kid you not). Seeing query on the blog I wanted other members opinions on the M&P compared to the Glock, I fired the G17 once or twice( borrrowed ). I know I won't bbe firing another handgun in this country. Its a genuine query of opinion.

We used to have saying, mind in gear before opening mouth. If I appeared fippant I apololise.

Have a nice day,

Dusty

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top