JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have owned both sigmas in 9 and 40. Extensive experience with a large variety of handguns. The signs is a very reliable pistol. The US supplied the Afghanistan police with the sigma. The trigger is long and stiff. For individuals with limited experience the trigger is a safe feature and a great training tool for trigger control. I only sold them to a good friend and that person loves shooting them. I never experienced any malfunctions and niether has the current owner. The sigma is ergonomically correct and was labeled as the most ergonomically correct pistol a few years back. It is a fine pistol.

I have a sd9ve in the get home bag. I agree that the grip is slippery from the factory. I solved that with a $10 adhesive grip off ebay ("BooDad's" - works great and doesn't add to grip size). Tried a Hogue sleeve, but didn't really like it. As for the trigger, yes it is pretty bad from the factory. It got better with time, then I added the Apex spring kit (minor upgrade), then the Apex trigger (much improved). But I can't leave anything alone.

For a truck gun/GHB I think it is great at less than $300, even with the crappy trigger (that will not really matter when SHTF). I would add the grip tape though.

Most importantly, mine has been 100% reliable.