JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all i was digging around and found an old 19-7 with a forcing cone crack at 6 o'clock i have had for ages. I'm not a wheel gun guy so im not sure if its worth fixing myself or if i should list for parts or someone to do a barrel swap.

20190822_182752.jpg

If you don't dig it, put it up for sale discounted appropriately. Try the S&W forum for best exposure to real fans (who also probably have the fix-it skills and parts). It looks like too nice a gun to blow apart into pieces.

That gets me to wondering what caused the crack in the first place and if S&W would handle the fix... ?

The Model 19-7 really isn't an early Gun and it was the over charged ammunition made by Super Vel that was damaging many high quality Firearms.

I'd suggest that SVT-ROY look for a Pistolsmith to replace the Barrel. The Big problem will be in finding a new Barrel. Brownells would be a place to start.

There's a S&W model 19 parts kit with a 2-1/2" barrel listed on GunBroker for over $225.00.
It's getting really hard to find decent barrels for these.
I would sell it as a parts gun, or if you have some attachment to it, you could buy a working model 19 and use this one for spare parts as needed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top