JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all i was digging around and found an old 19-7 with a forcing cone crack at 6 o'clock i have had for ages. I'm not a wheel gun guy so im not sure if its worth fixing myself or if i should list for parts or someone to do a barrel swap.

20190822_182752.jpg

If you don't dig it, put it up for sale discounted appropriately. Try the S&W forum for best exposure to real fans (who also probably have the fix-it skills and parts). It looks like too nice a gun to blow apart into pieces.

That gets me to wondering what caused the crack in the first place and if S&W would handle the fix... ?

The Model 19-7 really isn't an early Gun and it was the over charged ammunition made by Super Vel that was damaging many high quality Firearms.

I'd suggest that SVT-ROY look for a Pistolsmith to replace the Barrel. The Big problem will be in finding a new Barrel. Brownells would be a place to start.

There's a S&W model 19 parts kit with a 2-1/2" barrel listed on GunBroker for over $225.00.
It's getting really hard to find decent barrels for these.
I would sell it as a parts gun, or if you have some attachment to it, you could buy a working model 19 and use this one for spare parts as needed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top