Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Smith Corona 1903A3 Sporter SOLD

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by GOG, Dec 18, 2013.

1. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Something has come up, so this has to go quickly. It's been drilled and tapped otherwise it could easily go back to military configuration.

I recently bought this, disassembled and cleaned it, but haven't had a chance to fire it yet. I haven't looked that closely to see if it's numbers matching. It has a correct S.C. barrel dated 6-43 and it's in very good condition. It cleaned well and it's looking pretty nice. A bit more work and it could be excellent.

The Parkerizing is great with only a few marks. It's so nice that it could either be barely used or re-parked.

It has a Buehler low profile safety to accommodate a scope. The scope, mounts and rings are included. I can't find a name on the scope, but it's period correct. It's a bit rusty and shows evidence of use, but it seems like pretty good glass. I haven't cleaned up the scope because I hadn't planned on using it.

I'm pretty sure the front sight blade is a replacement.

The stock is nicely done. All I did was clean it and oil it. However, the buttplate was under a slip on recoil pad for too many years and was very corroded. I cleaned it up, but it's ugly.

To sweeten the deal, I'll throw in a couple of spare parts "survival kits" from e-Sarco.

SOLD

IMGP2025_zpsd336ee6b.jpg

IMGP2023_zps69e088d6.jpg

IMGP2018_zpsba199a04.jpg

IMGP2017_zps8c0b69de.jpg

IMGP2016_zpsbe2a3e0e.jpg

IMGP2015_zpsae0e054e.jpg

IMGP2034_zpsaa7d89ef.jpg

IMGP2033_zps768da580.jpg

IMGP2032_zps0b4778a6.jpg