Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Smith Corona 1903A3 Sporter SOLD

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by GOG, Dec 18, 2013.

1. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Something has come up, so this has to go quickly. It's been drilled and tapped otherwise it could easily go back to military configuration.

I recently bought this, disassembled and cleaned it, but haven't had a chance to fire it yet. I haven't looked that closely to see if it's numbers matching. It has a correct S.C. barrel dated 6-43 and it's in very good condition. It cleaned well and it's looking pretty nice. A bit more work and it could be excellent.

The Parkerizing is great with only a few marks. It's so nice that it could either be barely used or re-parked.

It has a Buehler low profile safety to accommodate a scope. The scope, mounts and rings are included. I can't find a name on the scope, but it's period correct. It's a bit rusty and shows evidence of use, but it seems like pretty good glass. I haven't cleaned up the scope because I hadn't planned on using it.

I'm pretty sure the front sight blade is a replacement.

The stock is nicely done. All I did was clean it and oil it. However, the buttplate was under a slip on recoil pad for too many years and was very corroded. I cleaned it up, but it's ugly.

To sweeten the deal, I'll throw in a couple of spare parts "survival kits" from e-Sarco.

SOLD

IMGP2025_zpsd336ee6b.jpg

IMGP2023_zps69e088d6.jpg

IMGP2018_zpsba199a04.jpg

IMGP2017_zps8c0b69de.jpg

IMGP2016_zpsbe2a3e0e.jpg

IMGP2015_zpsae0e054e.jpg

IMGP2034_zpsaa7d89ef.jpg

IMGP2033_zps768da580.jpg

IMGP2032_zps0b4778a6.jpg