JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$1000
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
City
Sweet Home
State
Oregon
PRICE DROP TO $1050

Up for sale is one of my babies. I'm sure I'll regret it later, but I don't shoot this one, so it's superfluous to my needs.

This is a mostly correct Smith Corona 03a3. The receiver is NOT a recovered drill rifle. Barrel date matches receiver, so is likely original. The stock is also a correct SC stock with all cartouche still crisp and unsanded. There is an OG cartouche on the stock for an Ogden Arsenal inspection/rebuild, and as such the bolt body and a few small parts are Remington.

The gun shoots really well, but I only need one at the moment. Smith Corona made about 1/3 as many 03a3 as Remington.

As this is not a recovered drill rifle and all the major components are correct SC, I am asking $1150 for this gun. No trades at the moment. Transfer in Lebanon or Albany. Fees covered by buyer.

I am posting two basic pictures, but if you want something more specific, send a PM and ask.

E69AB013-2DF3-421B-87FA-E9E9C58959D8.jpeg C1DA2AF1-B3A7-4B7C-AFC9-5C194F4127A8.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Frank J Atwood initials (boxed, I believe), other proper markings for a SC stock, including the markings in front of the trigger guard. The band spring cutout is also correct for a SC stock. I can get more pictures in a bit if you like.

No Elmer Keith initials on the OG stamp. If there were, it wouldn't be leaving the safe...;)

For those of you who like to trust but verify, here are the telltale SC stock markings...

The boxed FJA and ordnance wheel, pinned stock:
76E1EB29-B81C-4086-9C5E-0BB0681305AF.jpeg

Ogden Arsenal mark:
B45B86AD-7352-486A-89C1-0235FE9BE14C.jpeg

Underside four markings in front of SC correct trigger guard:
1D4E0EA3-B498-4FD0-B94D-ED0F724F877A.jpeg

Rounded cut in band spring recess:
D806C983-CE4F-49AD-99C9-0E21EF5816CD.jpeg

And now you see why my SC 03A3 that I sold for $175 at a gun show to pay the electric bill is on my list of regrets. Mine was very very similar in condition and parts as this one.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.