JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That reload makes me appreciate the mag change on a saiga 12 just that much more.

I'm a big fan of bullpups, but I would want semi-auto and a more streamlined exterior, thing just looks like a KSG step brother.
Have you ever tried one of these?

That reload makes me appreciate the mag change on a saiga 12 just that much more.

I'm a big fan of bullpups, but I would want semi-auto and a more streamlined exterior, thing just looks like a KSG step brother.
I keep eyeballing these because of similar reasons. I do find the simplicity of an internal magazine still desirable however.

1629249016324.jpeg

I keep eyeballing these because of similar reasons. I do find the simplicity of an internal magazine still desirable however.

View attachment 1013998
And while I understand that, the 10 round stick mag or the 20 round drum mag, in a semi auto platform leaves me (for the purposes I would use a shotgun like this) finding a pump action with a horrendous reload to be undesirable. If someone wanted to port a shotgun and not have to also port magazines to feed it, but instead just a lot of shells, the internal magazine is the superior choice.

And while I understand that, the 10 round stick mag or the 20 round drum mag, in a semi auto platform leaves me (for the purposes I would use a shotgun like this) finding a pump action with a horrendous reload to be undesirable. If someone wanted to port a shotgun and not have to also port magazines to feed it, but instead just a lot of shells, the internal magazine is the superior choice.
In my experience, a bullpup with a drum mag, might be really awkward. It depends on how close the drum is to the action; it can make the pistol grip and trigger really hard to reach because the drum extends out so far.

Also, long mags make the bullpup stick up even further when prone - probably not an issue with a shotgun though as you usually would not go prone, but just saying. OTOH, a semi-auto is nicer, and a pump is probably awkward to cycle when prone. Remington did a semi "firearm" after they did the pump IIRC - maybe S&W will too if this bullpup takes off.

In my experience, a bullpup with a drum mag, might be really awkward. It depends on how close the drum is to the action; it can make the pistol grip and trigger really hard to reach because the drum extends out so far.

Also, long mags make the bullpup stick up even further when prone - probably not an issue with a shotgun though as you usually would not go prone, but just saying. OTOH, a semi-auto is nicer, and a pump is probably awkward to cycle when prone. Remington did a semi "firearm" after they did the pump IIRC - maybe S&W will too if this bullpup takes off.
Indeed, a drum mag and a bullpup don't work that well together. I'm comparing apples and oranges here. And you are correct, going prone with a stick mag requires some adjustment, like holding the shotgun at an angle.

I was thinking about from a design standpoint what I would want to change if I could for a bullpup shotgun. Personally, semi auto is my preference, but beyond that, I think of these high capacity bullpups as having a fast reload with the second internal magazine cylinder, but the actual refilling with shells is less smooth than a regular chamber pump action due to the less accessibility to the magazine port. The Tavor 12 option seems interesting by comparison, but also huge, so slimming that down possibly would make it better. The irony of all this critique is I will likely never own any of them.

Everything I've heard online experiences wise is that the grip and drum don't mix well. Ergos aren't in its favor.

1629302569872.jpeg

Indeed, a drum mag and a bullpup don't work that well together. I'm comparing apples and oranges here. And you are correct, going prone with a stick mag requires some adjustment, like holding the shotgun at an angle.

I was thinking about from a design standpoint what I would want to change if I could for a bullpup shotgun. Personally, semi auto is my preference, but beyond that, I think of these high capacity bullpups as having a fast reload with the second internal magazine cylinder, but the actual refilling with shells is less smooth than a regular chamber pump action due to the less accessibility to the magazine port. The Tavor 12 option seems interesting by comparison, but also huge, so slimming that down possibly would make it better. The irony of all this critique is I will likely never own any of them.
My usage of a tactical shotgun would be to run it until empty and then fall back on a sidearm. I don't see myself getting into a prolonged gunfight with a shotgun with 14-20 round capacity and having to reload.

My usage of a tactical shotgun would be to run it until empty and then fall back on a sidearm. I don't see myself getting into a prolonged gunfight with a shotgun with 14-20 round capacity and having to reload.

I think that is one of these things main selling points. It's not so much a combat shotgun as it is a Home Defense shotgun. One where you have a large quantity of firepower on deck with not much need to reload. Takes a week to reload it, afterwards, you can shoot for at least an hour!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top