JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep. The Warranty Return Form is the proper tool and can be submitted online. Just bought a new 686 Plus Pro that went into total cylinder lockup on me the first time I shot it. Argh! So I filled out the form online, submitted it, and, as promised, got an email response within 3 business days with shipping label and shipping paid both ways paid by S&W. Then yesterday, maybe a week after it got to S&W, I got a call on my cell from the gunsmith working on it saying the frame was out of specs and that they're sending me a new gun as a replacement. He apologized very sincerely for me having such a bad experience and said it should have never left the factory like it was. I'm not happy that I paid that much for a faulty highly touted revolver, but because of that repair and customer service experience I'd buy another Smith in a heartbeat. Just have to follow the right path to get your repair request to the right people there, ie the Warranty Repair Form.

My experience with S&W has been the opposite of many in this thread, and I suspect that there are many many others like me.

I've had a few different things sent back to S&W for repair. Their people can be a little curt, but they answer the questions, confirm the issue, and then they take GREAT care of things. Warranty- which is lifetime BTW- is fast and FREE. They pay for 2-day Fedex freight to them, and same back. They fix things right, the first time, and they even once included about $50 worth of legit goodies as an apology for the inconvenience.

Compare this to Glock: Same great service, frankly- but they- wait for it- make you pay for overnight air to them. I sent a pistol once- one pistol, not a dozen- and it cost at the UPS Center- not the UPS Store- wait for it- $92!!! So, I had to pay $92 that S&W would never have charged me. And I bet I don't get any nice legit free stuff, either.

Now, at least S&W and Glock will fix things. I've been told- by numerous folks- that its good Colt's don't break often. Because they don't do warranty work in anything approaching a realistic timeline.

But, regarding S&W- I actually see their warranty department as a REASON to buy from them again.

YMMV, of course.

The only manufacturer I have had to deal with was Beretta.They were great and even the ups driver picked it up at my front door,had it back in 4 day's.As far as smith I have heard good things and bad things about their customer service.

Right now with all of the things going it's best to read what it says to do in the manaul for warranty work, most times. I own a Victory and it's the sweetest revolver of them all. It's about 60 years old, but works like it is fresh from the factory. Now that's quality and it makes me a want to get a R8 from them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top