Oregon Rifleworks
Southwest Firearms Forum
Defensive Arts
Sporting Systems
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Low Price Guns
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

SMITH AND WESSON NICKEL PLATED MODEL 29 44 MAG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
Ad Type
For Sale, For Trade
Price
$800
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
Caliber
44 Magnum
City
Eugene
State
Oregon
I have a Smith and Wesson Nickel Plated Model 29 in 44 Magnum for sale. I received this from my father in law who shot a total of 12 rounds through it in the time he owned it. He was not a revolver guy, but bought it to help out one of his employees who needed money. He gave it to me, and I have not shot it and am not a revolver guy so just don't have interest in keeping it in the safe taking up space. It comes with the 8 rounds of 210 GR Silvertip Hollow Point ammo that were not shot.
It needs a good cleaning, but I don't have the correct cleaning supplies for a 44 Mag and it is not worth it to me to buy them to clean it once and then never use them again.
It is drilled and tapped for a scope if you wanted to mount one to it, and has an orange high visibility front sight. It would make a fun hunting handgun, I just have too many other firearms already that I don't shoot so can't justify another.
I am really not looking for anything at the moment, but would consider trade offers.

20190904_135943_resized.jpg 20190904_140002_resized.jpg 20190904_140045_resized.jpg

Rules & Terms
I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
OP
J
Reactions
Can you please post some pics of the way it was drilled and tapped for a scope mount?
I looked a little closer at it and I described it incorrectly originally. The rear sight has screws that go through into the top of the frame. They must hold the rear sight on, and are not mounting a scope base like I am used to seeing on rifles (sorry, as I said I am not a revolver guy). Hopefully that makes sense.
Thanks

OP
J
Reactions
I will be in PDX tomorrow morning (Sunday) picking up some furniture we had ordered and can bring it up with me.

Reactions
Damn I wish you weren't in OR with all these new B.S. laws that got passed here... that's a niece piece right there. I love my current model 29... GLWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Cerberus Training Group
    5.00 star(s)
    Armorer 1911 Course This was a 2 day course devoted to the iconic 1911. You might own a 1911 but, I assure you, you don't know it until you've...
    • Hueco
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    As a recent owner of a PTR91 a friend mentioned to me that Oregon Rifleworks has surplus magazines on hand for $3.99ea. I drove from Vancouver to...
    • svxr8dr
  • Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place friendly service always take time to help you, great knowledge of products
    • RJSouth
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Perfect install of peep sight on my cz 527 carbine. Price was right, was expecting it to be more. Will be my go to for anything I can't handle...
    • cd90caprice
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been party to a couple transactions with Steve and he is a great guy to deal with.
    • titsonritz

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online

• Kruel J
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect