JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1200
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
Caliber
38 Special
City
Stayton
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Hey guys super new to the revolver world I got from what I ready a kinda rare Smith and wesson model 68. This revolver is only made for .38 special but is mint condition brand new in the box unfired. I would like to proceed this at $1,200 OBO because of recent sells I looked at online. If you think my pricing it to high please PM me with questions and offers. Thanks for looking.

20210117_203748.jpg 20210117_203801.jpg 20210118_195618.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Very nice, first one I have ever seen pop up for sale on a gun forum. The LAPD would not let their officers carry .357 magnums, so they came up with this idea, its basically a model 66 with a shortened cylinder that is chamber for .38 special only. I don't think these were ever offered to the general public but they were sold to retiring officers that wanted to keep their duty weapon. People do collect these, good luck with the sale.

Very nice, first one I have ever seen pop up for sale on a gun forum. The LAPD would not let their officers carry .357 magnums, so they came up with this idea, its basically a model 66 with a shortened cylinder that is chamber for .38 special only. I don't think these were ever offered to the general public but they were sold to retiring officers that wanted to keep their duty weapon. People do collect these, good luck with the sale.
Thanks for the info sound just like alot I read heard there wer somthing like 6 thousand made not to sure how true that is. Thanks again.

And you have the original box, I looked on gunbroker but couldn't find any for sale. I remember reading about it in a thread on the S&W forum a while back. To a collector, its probably worth more than you are asking, but finding that guy is going to be your challenge.

If I were you I would take it off the market until I knew how much it could bring. If you post photos at the Smith and Wesson Forum there are nationwide experts who can give you some thorough advice.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.