JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So you're saying a 19-3 is from the late sixties? I have always thought they were newer than that. Late seventies or early eighties.
The dash 3 had the longest run of any of the Mdl 19 dashes. First dash
3 was 1967, first dash 4 was 1977. So early 80's ? No.

The dash 3 had the longest run of any of the Mdl 19 dashes. First dash
3 was 1967, first dash 4 was 1977. So early 80's ? No.
That's helpful. Thanks! So what makes one a Combat edition? The chrome finish?

Is there anything else in the serial number to denote when it may have been manufactured? Say if it went 9K79***?

And lastly, what rounds should be avoided as to avoid damaging the cone?

I feel like I'm in the right place😉

Thanks!

The term 'Combat Masterpiece' was a designation given to the original K-38 .38 Special and later when S & W started using model numbers and it became The Mod 15.

The 4" Mod 15 was called the 'Combat Masterpiece' and the 6" Mod 14 was called the 'Target Masterpiece'
Correct, the 19/66 was know as the 'Combat Magnum' and the 568/686 were know as the 'Distinguished Combat Magnum'.

The term 'Combat Masterpiece' was a designation given to the original K-38 .38 Special and later when S & W started using model numbers and it became The Mod 15.

The 4" Mod 15 was called the 'Combat Masterpiece' and the 6" Mod 14 was called the 'Target Masterpiece'
I see that "Combat Masterpiece" added to "The S&W Model-19-3...." because it makes it sounds way more better. Kind of like the S&W M&P (Military & Police). Which was also used before S&W started doing model number on their guns. And has come back as M&P on polymer semi-autos. To each their own though. It would have impressed me 12 years ago! :D

The 4" Mod 15 was called the 'Combat Masterpiece' and the 6" Mod 14

Do y'all know of anyone who really specializes in these vintage revolvers if a guy wanted one deep cleaned and gone over?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top