JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
20151130_200431.jpg Smith and Wesson 1006, 10 mm. Great condition, appears to have not seen much use. Smith Gen 3 platform. All steel frame and slide, original polymer grips. This is such a great pistol, if a 10m can be considered soft shooting, this one is. Not crazy about the magazine disconnect safety and it definitely doesn't have a 1911 trigger, but other than that...

$875. Not really looking to trade. Buyer to pay transfer fee.

Photo added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that's a cool gun. Hate to be "that guy" but if you ever decide to take trades I'd love to work something out... otherwise GLWS ;)

This is the one gun my dad had since I was a small child I always dreamed of having. After 25 years he traded it away for crap.
Nice gun, I wish I had the scratch .
This is the one gun my dad had since I was a small child I always dreamed of having. After 25 years he traded it away for crap.
Nice gun, I wish I had the scratch .
Funny how the things we treasure as children can resonate with us as adults. I think my boy may feel the same way as you about some of things I've let get away.

What's the story behind it, if you don't mind me asking?
Bit of a short story, at least my part of it. Purchased the gun about a month ago as an impulse buy of a gun I have wanted for years. Pistol doesn't seem to have had much use, I've put a hundred or so rounds thru it. I like the gun, a lot, but I don't love it. At least not yet. Haven't had it long enough probably. The 10mm out if the Smith is pretty sweet. It's the trigger I'm not crazy about, 1911s may have spoiled me. And I do have a Dan Wesson Cbob in 10mm that I do love, which makes parting with the Smith a little easier. Or so I thought. The post from Clear Conscience has me rethinking that.

Thx. I was just curious because this is the second 1006 that's been for sale here recently. The other one was an owner who didn't have it long either.

I just picked one up, as well as a 4506,3913,and two 5906, and I can't imagine parting with it. I am on a bit of a 3rd Gen kick though. Lol.

Did you know you can send that 1006 into s&w and for very little $ they will work the trigger/action? I agree.... Triggers on the 3rd Gen are clunky. My 3913 is getting the works as soon as it slows down at s&w.

Sorry to hijack.... Glws.... It's an awesome gun.

Thx. I was just curious because this is the second 1006 that's been for sale here recently. The other one was an owner who didn't have it long either.

I just picked one up, as well as a 4506,3913,and two 5906, and I can't imagine parting with it. I am on a bit of a 3rd Gen kick though. Lol.

Did you know you can send that 1006 into s&w and for very little $ they will work the trigger/action? I agree.... Triggers on the 3rd Gen are clunky. My 3913 is getting the works as soon as it slows down at s&w.

Sorry to hijack.... Glws.... It's an awesome gun.
Thanks for the intel, another member just mentioned the S&W option for trigger work as well. Worth looking into I think.

On an unrelated note, how do you like the 4506? I've been pondering one for awhile.

I like it a lot, but more for the safe than anything else. It's a very nice shooting gun at the range, but when you put it next to a fully Cajunized CZ 97.... well..... kind of obvious what first choice will be.

I shot 6 or 7 magazines and called it good.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.