Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Smelly foreigner here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 9mmguy, Mar 26, 2012.

1. 9mmguy

9mmguy Portland, OR Member

Okay, relax, I'm not smelly. I was born and raised in Germany, and have been a permanent resident in the US for a few of years. I am married to an awesome American woman whom I met on my first day of college back in Germany. We moved here a couple of years ago and love Portland and the Pacific NW.

Other hobbies of mine are aquariums, training my one-year-old American pit bull terrier, hiking, watching football, going to the gym, and drinking large quantities of beer. I got into guns fairly recently, and I am excited to explore this new interest. My wife isn't too excited about the whole idea, but she's a good sport about it.

Pleased to metcha! :peace:

2. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

Guten Tag

3. 1stIDFMP

1stIDFMP North of Salem, south of Portland Active Member

Wie gehts und vas ist los?

4. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

I personally like the smell of sauerkraut

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  5. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

Welcome to the board
    grab a .22, a brick of ammo, a pack of crackers to shoot at, and head out for a day of fun, I've yet to have a female companion who wasn't converted by a .22 outing :)

6. LuftPost

LuftPost Seattle, WA Member

Welcome to the board. I had to chuckle when I read 'Smelly Foreigner Here'. Ich bin geboren und aufgewachsen in Deutschland als auch. Heimatstadt ist Augsburg.

7. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

The bottom of an aquarium is smelly.

8. dusty

dusty Mountlake Terrace Active Member

Any Schwabenbrau ? Kornwestheim 72-73

9. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

Welcome! I spent three years over in W. Germany 86-90 (my last Christamas the wall came down) I haven't been back since about 96 or so when my last employer had an office in Holland. What part Germany are your from?

10. 9mmguy

9mmguy Portland, OR Member

Thanks for warm welcome, everyone! I look forward to spending a lot of time on this fine discussion board.

techieguy: I was born in Hamburg, but grew up and went to school in the very SW corner - just miles from the French and Swiss borders.

11. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

12. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I am sorry, and trust me I am not a racist nor do I have a problem for foreigners, but the title to your thread makes me laugh my arse off.