Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Smash & grab at Curt's Discount

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Liberty97045, May 15, 2015.

1. Liberty97045

Liberty97045 Oregon City Well-Known Member

Someone pulled a smash and grab at Curt's. They cleaned out all the suppressors and a few receivers. Smashed out a window at 6:20 AM and got away.

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Holy cow. I remember Tobacco Town (the old one on the west side of 99E) got smashed into like seven times in a year. Probably be wise to sleep on premises or put the good stuff into a safe at night..

3. tanzuki

tanzuki Salem Active Member

Just another example of how SB941 won't do a damn thing to keep guns outta the hands of criminals.:mad:

4. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Curt,
    You need to get one of these on site and keep it there free running at night...
    tumblr_lum0eemSmD1r0vhyro1_500.jpg

A Caucasian Guard Dog. Bigger than most NW Black bears and they can be formidable.

78f0b06faa2bec26aec84f38c90a704f.jpg

and below
    #1 Guard dog in the World Is the Causacion.

Watch video to the Number 1
    What would be left of the perp would be there when you opened in the morning to scrape up.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
    hker71, Hawaiian and Certaindeaf like this.
  5. cooper

cooper molalla Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

DAMN....I would have guessed NFA items would need to be in the SAFE at night . Hopefully insurance and the ATF will let him pass go without too much hassle . Thieves will get their bar codes when they get caught w/stolen NFA items . :mad:

mjbskwim likes this.
  6. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Yeah that surprises me also....you think those would be locked up over night. Hell anything gun related should be locked up.

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  7. cpy911

cpy911 Newberg Active Member

I happened to be there yesterday to buy powder. ATF was there and insurance will cover the losses. They had a big window busted out. They were business as usual and went the extra mile to help me. Great place where you are treated as an equal. Hope this does not affect their business.

Why would someone steal registered NFA items? Seems like it would be hard to resell them and now they are on the Fed radar. Dumb.

U201491 likes this.
  8. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

Because they are worth allot on the black market!

9. U201491

Probably to give to Holder and Obama to pass on to the Cartels and terrorists..................:mad: or

Brutus57, Stomper, jb11 and 3 others like this.
  10. cpy911

Wouldn't it be easier to make a suppressor from a Maglite and some freeze plugs than to steal one?

Brutus57 and B5Ben like this.
  11. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

They found a way around having to go through a ffl. For SB941

12. U201491

Wonder if the\ legislature will pass a bill against stealing guns
    ROFLMAO :s0124::s0149::s0151::s0066:

13. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

The gangbangers don't give an F about the ATF. If the shop left stuff out that could be taken by breaking out a window, they need to rethink their security measures. DUH!

And if you want a bad bubblegum guard dog, Google gargoyle kennels. But I gotta admit, I like those Caucasian Guard Dogs. Never head of them before. Awesome.

14. cpy911

Actually, they still need to pay the $200 tax stamp for each suppressor, fill out a form4 and wait 9 months for approval, but at least they got out of $75 NFA ffl fees.

15. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

Double post. sorry.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  16. TJdamon

TJdamon Gladstone Member

I stopped in there yesterday and saw the mess and the detectives talking to the employees, from what people were saying it sounds like they know who may have done it.

mjbskwim and BoonDocks36 like this.
  17. cpy911

I heard the thieves knew right where to go. Now they have NFA stuff and will soon have an ATF SWAT team storming in. Just ask the Branch Davidians how things can turn out.

Brutus57, BoonDocks36 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  18. U201491

Well those that stole it and broke in there, deserve what they get, as they bit it off, let em eat it :D
    I just wish CUJO would have been there to greet them LOL.
    Curt is a nice guy and does not deserve that crap.

orygun, hker71, BoonDocks36 and 4 others like this.
  19. kibs45

kibs45 Portland Active Member

That really sucks. I went in for the first time last Saturday and the were super helpful, as well as well stocked. Hope they catch whoever did it. But in the meantime, they made me a customer for life! Is he still doing his sale this weekend?

BoonDocks36 and U201491 like this.
  20. U201491

Yeah Curt is real people. Quiet, honest and every encounter I have had with him, he has me for a customer for life in any category that he sells. I don't get much anymore, but I might like to get a couple of thos lil lightweight M4's some day if my wallet every gets anything in it. :)