JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guess I just don't have the need for a $22.5K rifle for long range shooting. If i had that much $ to blow on kewl stuff I don't need I would buy an exotic motorsickle. In the real world a .30-06 with a 3-9X scope meets my long range reqm'ts.

Bits of silliness from this article:

First, the title. " 'Smart Rifle' begins shipping to gun owners this week"... As if it's shipped directly to the end user. I imagine it begins shipping to gun dealers this week maybe?

Second, "David Chipman, a spokesman for Mayors Against Illegal Guns which lobbies for an expansion of background checks for people buying guns, said the PGF 'is not your grandfather's hunting rifle used for sport and recreation this is a weapon designed to kill with precision.' " Lets be clear; your grandfather's hunting rifle is a weapon designed to kill with precision. He just knew to not aim it at people.

Third, " 'This technology potentially enables any two bit criminal to operate with the skills of a highly trained sniper,' Chipman said." I've met a lot of two bit criminals. None of them have $22,500 to spend on a gun.

I swear, these people are all effing idiots.

The average anti is a very paranoid miserable being. With all the real problems facing this country like high unemployment, corrupt govt. and economic collapse, This is what keeps them up at night?

Since when are rifles real common for criminals to use? Maybe it will be an alternative for rich criminals who would be looking at other 20k weapons.

The comments from the firearm prohibitionists are predictable and don't hold water. I'm very surprised none said that it would be used to kill children. I guess that's implied in their message though. Beats a coherent, logical argument.

There is a Venture X game app on the iTunes store for free. I played with it but didn't think much of it. I think if you can hold the rifle steady enough to tag the target in the first place, why not just pull the trigger at that point...?

I am going to guess that you're going to need "smart" ammo to go with the "smart" gun. That's not going to be cheap either. It just seems to me that painting a target would be useless unless you have a bullet that knows what it's looking for.

I would definitely rather have a ZF-1 than an Aprillia Tuono.

We should hope that clown who proposed requiring smart gun owner recognition ala Skyfall hasn't seen the 5th Element, or he will think the ZF-1 is real.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top