Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

'Smart Rifle' Begins Shipping to Gun Owners This Week

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by vertical ascent, May 17, 2013.

1. vertical ascent

vertical ascent Vancouver Active Member

There goes marksmanship skills....

By the way, anyone have $22,500 laying around?

'Smart Rifle' Begins Shipping to Gun Owners This Week

Comments from the anti-gun spokespersons are just plain entertaining and amusing. It shows they really are ill-informed.

I do not want to cut and paste their comments, I want everyone to relish in my amusement and bewilderment.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  2. revjen45

revjen45 Snohomish County Well-Known Member

Guess I just don't have the need for a $22.5K rifle for long range shooting. If i had that much $ to blow on kewl stuff I don't need I would buy an exotic motorsickle. In the real world a .30-06 with a 3-9X scope meets my long range reqm'ts.

3. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Bits of silliness from this article:

First, the title. " 'Smart Rifle' begins shipping to gun owners this week"... As if it's shipped directly to the end user. I imagine it begins shipping to gun dealers this week maybe?

Second, "David Chipman, a spokesman for Mayors Against Illegal Guns which lobbies for an expansion of background checks for people buying guns, said the PGF 'is not your grandfather's hunting rifle used for sport and recreation this is a weapon designed to kill with precision.' " Lets be clear; your grandfather's hunting rifle is a weapon designed to kill with precision. He just knew to not aim it at people.

Third, " 'This technology potentially enables any two bit criminal to operate with the skills of a highly trained sniper,' Chipman said." I've met a lot of two bit criminals. None of them have $22,500 to spend on a gun.

I swear, these people are all effing idiots.

titsonritz, Kevatc, Oklahomie and 5 others like this.
  4. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

The average anti is a very paranoid miserable being. With all the real problems facing this country like high unemployment, corrupt govt. and economic collapse, This is what keeps them up at night?

parallax and (deleted member) like this.
  5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Since when are rifles real common for criminals to use? Maybe it will be an alternative for rich criminals who would be looking at other 20k weapons.

The comments from the firearm prohibitionists are predictable and don't hold water. I'm very surprised none said that it would be used to kill children. I guess that's implied in their message though. Beats a coherent, logical argument.

parallax and (deleted member) like this.
  6. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

another toy for holder to give to the cartel at out expense.

7. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

There is a Venture X game app on the iTunes store for free. I played with it but didn't think much of it. I think if you can hold the rifle steady enough to tag the target in the first place, why not just pull the trigger at that point...?

8. Soren

Soren Beaverton, Oregon Active Member

I am going to guess that you're going to need "smart" ammo to go with the "smart" gun. That's not going to be cheap either. It just seems to me that painting a target would be useless unless you have a bullet that knows what it's looking for.

9. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

Does it have a Replay button?

[video=youtube;7jVsQToSfag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jVsQToSfag[/video]

10. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

If I had money to blow and more than I could spend I'd buy one in a minute.

(I mean the ZF-1 - they never ask about the little button)

titsonritz and (deleted member) like this.
  11. cueball1214

cueball1214 Beaverton Active Member

Let me just go find a ATM lol.... Guess i might have to buy a few more lotto tickets for that big jackpot drawing lol

12. revjen45

revjen45 Snohomish County Well-Known Member

I would definitely rather have a ZF-1 than an Aprillia Tuono.

We should hope that clown who proposed requiring smart gun owner recognition ala Skyfall hasn't seen the 5th Element, or he will think the ZF-1 is real.